Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I push back exam again

akram.ihmudakram.ihmud Alum Member
in General 4 karma

Hello all, I initially started studying around June and was originally testing at 144. I started the Princeton Review program and got up to 154 but had to ultimately push my September test date to November. Any chance of getting to 160 area by November? any recommendations on which program would be best? I heard alot of great things from 7sage.

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Never hope you'll luck into a score. It never works that way. Work up to PTing at and above your ideal score, and you are likely to come out with something good. But never hope you'll be okay when you haven't hit that level. As someone who did that and didn't cancel like they should have, I can tell you that LSAT and luck are rarely bedfellows.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    Never hope you'll luck into a score. It never works that way. Work up to PTing at and above your ideal score, and you are likely to come out with something good. But never hope you'll be okay when you haven't hit that level. As someone who did that and didn't cancel like they should have, I can tell you that LSAT and luck are rarely bedfellows.

Agreed. 6 points in two months is pretty hard, but from 154 to 160 is not impossible. Depends where the points are coming from. I would highly suggest going against taking it in November and just delay a cycle. After all, youll be pretty late anyway and would go against your admission chances. However, if you end up 100% adamant taking it in November, I would seriously focus on LR and LG. It is quite hard to improve a lot in RC. I went from -7 -8 to -4 to -5 in 2 ish months of a lot of RC practice. With LG in 2 months I went from -7 to -3. Take that for what you will but I would overall recommend against November.

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma

Nothing wrong with pushing back. But, don't fall into the trap I did by pushing it back so much...that it never happens. At some point, hopefully past the point of "hope", you just have to jump and get that first one over with.