Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Priority Reserved at Duke with 4.11 GPA 171 LSAT

Can somebody explain what this means? I've gathered from some that it could just be yield protection and there may be nothing to worry about, but others seem to say it could spell trouble. I'm honestly just confused. Can somebody offer me insight as to what this means and whether I should be panicking?

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Its kinda like being waitlisted but better because they constantly will re-review ur application with with the new apps they receive.

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

Yes probably yield protect. In the hypothetical world where that holds true (and I assert it probably does). Admissions @ Duke probably thinks you will accept at HYS instead.

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

Dont panic. If Duke is really your top choice, let them know. If you were applying to Duke as a safety, they will probably know because your app may not have been as strong as someone gunning for Duke as their top choice.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@Anonymouse-1 So the reason I was panicking is because Duke WAS my safety lol

I wrote a Why Duke but it was probably pretty weak and transparent. I won't stress about it. If something is seriously wrong with my application, I'll know because every school will reject me and I'll just apply again next year after fixing the issue. Hopefully I get into some of the t14 though.

• CrabulousCrabulous Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I also got PR'd, 177/3.8x hard not to panic.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Both of you have amazing stats so to hear that you got waitlisted at Duke stresses me out. Who is getting in then?

• CrabulousCrabulous Free Trial Member
    10 karma

@noonawoon said:
    Both of you have amazing stats so to hear that you got waitlisted at Duke stresses me out. Who is getting in then?

I would in no way panic. To be honest we are outliers, the VAST majority of people with our stats get in. Either this is YP, or they didn't like something in our file. Duke isn't known for YP though there are some high-stats that get PR each year.