Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add 5th section on digital timed PTs

itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
in General 272 karma

Hey, is there a way to add a 5th section to the timed PTs (e.g.: PT 70) without having to take the test on paper? In other words, can I take a 5 section PT using the digital tester?

Comments

• Sim SimmaSim Simma Alum Member
    168 karma

How is there not an answer to this...it seems to me like a top 10 (at least) question in terms of relevance regarding prep. would love to know as well...

• DarklordDarklord Alum Member
    586 karma

Second that

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @itsemmarobyn @kirimidtchievsimeon, and @"ray.huang"

Sorry, we do not have an option to add a fifth section to a digital PrepTest. However, you can create a custom Problem Set for the 5th section you will like to take. You can then take that section after you have completed the time PrepTests.

If you aren’t familiar with the custom problem set interface, here are some instructions on how to do this:

Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    Tap “Create Problem Set From Question Bank” at the top of the page
    Set the PrepTest range and section type you are looking for.
    Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like “pt01 s2” into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the left of the table to select the questions.
    Tap “Create Problem Set with…”
    Take the problem set.

See the GIF below:

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• Sim SimmaSim Simma Alum Member
    168 karma

Thank you for the response! I'd argue this doesn't replicate real-time lsat conditions as well as printing out 5 sections and mixing them, because even though during prep, it doesn't matter which section is "experimental", the uncertainty of "not knowing" is still in your head with the printed sections, while that wouldn't be the case with your alternative. I guess doing it digitally versus paper balances things out.

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

There's also the option to just exit out of your current PT and click on a random section within an untouched digital PT and just start that one. Time pauses when you click out of a digital exam.
    For ex: I'll do PT 87, click out of the exam after the third section, take the 15min break, come back and go to an older PT like 67, and click on section 1 of that exam to use as an experimental. Then come back and finish the last section of PT 87.

For the remaining 3 sections of 67, I either continue using the sections as experimentals for other exams or finish up the remaining sections of that test in one sitting. Also, to make it more of a mental endurance test, sometimes I'll do the experimental first.

This method still doesn't replicate the psychological conditions of not knowing which section is experimental though. It just helps randomize the section you'll get, (granted you haven't seen the PT before)... as opposed to you cherry picking exactly which questions to do in your custom set.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I would build a problem set (or two) of question types I was struggling with before beginning a prep test. This would simulate the real world experience of maintaining focus through at least five sections. I think it helps for the real exam.