Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long Text

lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member

Hi guys,

I had a quick question. I am struggling with timings when it comes to LR questions. So when there is an LR question that is long, I tend to skip it. I was wondering, are there any specific strategies that you guys apply to deal with long text LR questions.

Thanks

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Sure. First, don't give up. Read a lot of them untimed. Use RC as a way to help LR. Keep a journal. Figure out the best ways you learn. And maybe watch the webinar on "When to Diagram LR" from Resources.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

@"lsatgirl-1" said:
    Hi guys,

I had a quick question. I am struggling with timings when it comes to LR questions. So when there is an LR question that is long, I tend to skip it. I was wondering, are there any specific strategies that you guys apply to deal with long text LR questions.

Thanks

Get “The Loophole” by Ellen Cassidy. It’s the single best money I spent on prep (besides 7Sage Ultimate+, of course.)

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Nothing wrong with skipping them. If you don't have time to go back to them, that means skipping them was the right call. Just make sure you do them on Blind Review.

If you do have time, but you just skip them because they're annoying, then its time to spend more time on them. I'm assuming you're mainly talking about parallel reasoning questions. Have you gone through 7sage's course materials on those? They're definitely the hardest questions, but if you practice them enough and drill them, you'll get the hang of it. It also helps to learn patterns to more quickly identify incorrect answers--like, when the conclusion doesn't match. But beyond that its just about translating complex ideas from English to logic as quickly as you can.