Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Actual Form of LSAT

081gabriel180081gabriel180 Member
in General 10 karma

Hi guys ... I'm going to ask a relatively simple question that's been confusing me a lot.

I'm currently in doing the "How to Take a Simulated LSAT Test" (https://7sage.com/lesson/how-to-take-a-simulated-lsat/) and that article provides the following information: The LSAT is divided into two 105-minute sections, with each 105-minute sections consisting of three 35-minute sections.

This is confusing because there are only five 35-minute sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Logic Games
- Writing Prompt

I've only done 2 PrepTests at this point (without any writing practice yet) ... so I've been splitting my test into two 70-minute sections with a 15 minute break. Is this the correct way to practice?

Also, while I'm at it, is the above order of sections standard? I remember Logic Games coming first on my diagnostic, not last.

Thanks for any clarifications!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

There is no standard order. On the actual test there will also be an experimental section, so there's the sixth section.

• kmarie.skmarie.s Member
    98 karma

I have taken the LSAT twice and can confirm that there are 4 graded section (2 LR, 1 RC, and 1 LG) and one experimental section that you will not know the type of section it is. You will also not know the order of the sections until you take the test also! I practiced majority of the time with the standard 4 sections and then added in an experimental 5th section when I was ready.

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

You have to do 3 35 min sections before the break

• pstroud97pstroud97 Member
    137 karma

@081gabriel180 There are five sections during the actual test. 4 graded (2 LR, 1 LG, 1 RC), one experimental. The order will change from test to test. You take 3, take a 15 minute break, then return for the remaining 2. You no longer complete the writing sample at the testing center. You complete your LSAT Writing at a date of your choosing within a year of taking the LSAT. Hope that helps.