Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How predictive are our Practice Tests of possible actual LSAT score?

justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 343 karma
I have read in some blogs that for the most part, you will score around -3 to -5 points less on your actual LSAT exam when compared average score you got on recent Practice Exams. Is there some truth to this? For those of you that are perhaps retaking, was your score a few points less than than what you got on the practice tests?

Comments

• hanunahk1hanunahk1 Alum Member
    7 karma
    I am retaking. My score was two points lower than my total average score, but it wasn't lower than the lowest score I had gotten on a practice test. So it was basically right within my average range.
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    General rule here is that your score will be the average of your most recent 3 PTs +/- 3 points.
  • danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    I think it depends on what type of person you are. When I took the test in 2008, I scored several points higher than my PT scores because I am more relaxed when taking the real thing - I just want to get the damn thing done and move on! A lot of people stress out and it effects their focus.

Plus, people who generally do fine don't go to blogs to vent about it. It seems to me that people tend to blog about their scores when they do significantly better or worse than expected.

However, having taken the test in the past, I cannot stress how important it is to go visit your test location prior to taking the test. You need to know how long it takes to drive there, find parking, and get to the classroom. You also need to know how much space you have to take the test and how comfortable the chairs are. Test day surprises are not likely to increase your score.

All that being said, PT's are just actual LSATs given in the past. If you remind yourself to stay calm and apply the tools that 7Sage taught you, your score will reflect appropriately and you will do just fine.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    Thanks everyone for your responses. :-)
  • wonilchungwonilchung Alum Member
    12 karma
    Maybe what happened to me was highly unusual, but I got a 166 after averaging 173/174 on strictly timed PTs. This happened twice, in June and September. Now I'm taking it for the last time in December, hoping my score will finally be reflective of my abilities. So take the whole +/-3 rule with a grain of salt.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    Okay, thank you wonilchung!