Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated List of Medians and App Requirements

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited January 2020 in Law School Admissions 7285 karma

We’ve updated our list of law school medians with the latest information for the first-year 2019 class.

You can see even more information in this Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tUI5y-Sw2utvXvUEk9IQDzC1Rc0NDb7Q4PFwzxYkZpw/edit?usp=sharing

This sheet also contains numbers on the following:

• Acceptance rate, yield, and first-year class-size
  • App deadline and fee
  • Tuition
  • Profile of student body
  • Profile of faculty
  • Number of students who got scholarships
  • Section size, number of seats in clinics, and field placements
  • Number of students who transferred in and average transfer GPA
  • City and state

On the bottom, you’ll find the following tabs:

We’ve also compiled the application requirements of every law school here: Canonical 7Sage Law School List

Comments

• pgv2013pgv2013 Alum Member
    59 karma

Is LSAT score = Median considered "above" the median or "hitting the median"?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7285 karma

If your LSAT score is equal to a school's median LSAT score, then you hit the median.

• umich101umich101 Alum Member
    364 karma

To clarify:
    For the minority student total, is that for all three classes? And in terms of the scholarships, is that only performance-based or does that include need-based as well?

Thank you so much for this list!

• allison24allison24 Member
    edited December 2019 19 karma

Some of these tuition rates are totally bogus. Georgetown says: $32,274 on here and in actuality directly from their website: "For the 2019-2020 school year, full-time tuition is $64,548."

$64,548?! Explain that to me. Harvard: $64,978. U Penn: $63,610. Three years of this: $195K. That's just tuition. Not at all including living expenses. It's totally, totally, stupidly ridiculous. How much would you have to make after graduation to even make taking on that amount of debt worth it?? What yearly salary would make you say, "Yah, $200K in the hole is totally worth it!"

There are schools charging less than half of those above! Like take for example, Ohio State: $31,450. Even their out of state tuition is "just": $46,402. I think even that is totally ridiculous. I'm either getting a ton of scholarships bc I busted my ass studying for the LSAT or I'm totally not doing this. Those schools killing people's finances straight out of the gate border on corruption.

And wow, excuse that rant, lol. I only even started this post to point out that some of the tuitions rates are inaccurate.

• axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
    256 karma

For a better shot at scholarship opportunities, is it best to always get a score above the median?

edited December 2019 7285 karma

@umich101 minority total is for all three classes. Scholarship numbers reflect all grants (as opposed to loans), whether merit- or need-based.

@allison24 These numbers come straight from each school's 509 ABA disclosures. I pulled the column for full-time resident semester tuition (i.e., HALF of the annual tuition for a full-time student), but some schools obviously listed total annual tuition instead. I corrected Yale and Cornell's, but I'm sure there are others in the column that show annual tuition instead of a single semester.

@axbSunDev Yes.

• meye2057meye2057 Alum Member
    10 karma

I am wondering about columns ab and ac- would someone who receives 100% tuition be in AB? Is column AC only for those who receive full tuition plus additional money for living expenses etc? Thanks!

• meye2057meye2057 Alum Member
    10 karma

I was looking at applying to St. Thomas and am very surprised to see that their average lsat score for the 75th percentile has dropped 7 points! Any reason for such a significant drop?

• HoneyBunnyHoneyBunny Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Thank you for putting all this together...it is a wonderful tool!

edited January 2020 7285 karma

@meye2057 anyone who gets full tuition or more than full tuition will go in AC, not AB.

@gynette75 I'm glad it's useful!

• jsolomon759jsolomon759 Member
    51 karma

I think the infomation for Syracuse Law has a mistake, the finicial aid deadline is 2/1/20 and the application deadline is 7/15/20. Sounds really strange that those dates would be so far apart. Also, I couldn't find that deadline on their website.