Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to schedule retakes?

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

For those that retake, how should you pick a section to retake? For example, if you wanna do an LR section, which retake should you do? I assume something farther back so you dont necessarily just remember the answer right away?

Maybe some of the harder sections?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I had to rely on retakes for much of my studies, and I developed a classification system to classify them based on two metrics. The first metric is how old the test is, the second is how recently I saw it. This created roughly four categories. In order of highest to lowest value:

1. Recent tests I haven’t seen in a long time
    2. Old tests I haven’t seen in a long time
    3. Recent test I’ve seen recently
    4. Old tests I’ve seen recently

Group 1 tests I saved for full PTs. Group 2 constituted a bulk of my material and I drew heavily on this group for drills. Group 3 I didn’t use much; I was mostly content just to let them “mature” into Group 1 tests. Same thing with Group 4. There’s enough older material that I was able to cycle through it and never have to see anything I’d seen recently.

Of course, there’s also Group Pristine. If you’re at a point where you’re having to think about managing retakes, anything you haven’t seen takes on an enormous importance. Whether it’s PT 1 or PT B or PT 86, truly new material is only to be taken after great deliberation. Use Groups 1 and 2 to work your way up. Take Group Pristine tests after making concrete gains and holding them consistently within Groups 1 and 2.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I had to rely on retakes for much of my studies, and I developed a classification system to classify them based on two metrics. The first metric is how old the test is, the second is how recently I saw it. This created roughly four categories. In order of highest to lowest value:

1. Recent tests I haven’t seen in a long time
    2. Old tests I haven’t seen in a long time
    3. Recent test I’ve seen recently
    4. Old tests I’ve seen recently

Group 1 tests I saved for full PTs. Group 2 constituted a bulk of my material and I drew heavily on this group for drills. Group 3 I didn’t use much; I was mostly content just to let them “mature” into Group 1 tests. Same thing with Group 4. There’s enough older material that I was able to cycle through it and never have to see anything I’d seen recently.

Of course, there’s also Group Pristine. If you’re at a point where you’re having to think about managing retakes, anything you haven’t seen takes on an enormous importance. Whether it’s PT 1 or PT B or PT 86, truly new material is only to be taken after great deliberation. Use Groups 1 and 2 to work your way up. Take Group Pristine tests after making concrete gains and holding them consistently within Groups 1 and 2.

Thank you! :)