Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 150-160? - 7Sage Forum

150-160?

shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
in General 157 karma

Hey all! I was just really curious about the schedule. I’ve heard of people improving to 170+, and it taking a year or longer, but I’m personally just trying to get to 160 for my target school and I’m starting at around a 150. Would this also take a year like the schedule says? I’ve heard so many people claim it shouldn’t take a year to break 160s, but I just wanted to get some insight from the best LSAT community on the planet to ease my mind:)

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

This is a completely subjective answer. There is no general consensus on how long it will take a given individual to improve their score, it’s truly unique for each individual. With that being said, I think one year would be an adequate amount of time if you stay disciplined and study efficiently. Aim to fool proof games to get your score for Lg close to -1/0 if not there. That alone should get you close to 160.

Good luck!

• LawGuy175LawGuy175 Alum Member
    27 karma

I started studying in July and took my first non-diagnostic practice test in February (with a 2.5 month break in between). I scored a 163 and have improved since then. My diagnostic was a 150 as well. I consistently score -0 on LG so I'm still working to get my LR and RC up. This is purely anecdotal, and it may take others a longer or shorter amount of time, but I think it is definitely realistic to get from your diagnostic to a 160 in less than a year if you put in the work.

• TheresaAnnTheresaAnn Member
    109 karma

What they said! It really depends on the person. I have been studying since October with a full-time job, started taking PT's two months ago and have improved my score 11 pts (149-160). With most of my issues being timing, I think a good handle on the core curriculum and knowing strengths/weaknesses is necessary to improve this quickly.