Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many hours a day are yall studying during Covid?

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

I was studying 5-6 consistently before Covid. Idk maybe im just lazy or making excuses but im barely doing 3 now lol

Comments

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

I do 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week while doing my MBA. It doesn't really matter how many hours a day you do. I would rather have 1 really good hour of studying and understanding material then doing 5 hours just going through the motions. So don't focus on hitting a certain amount of hours, but focus on what you feel you need to work and put all your effort into studying for just 2-3 hours a day.

• n.placen.place Free Trial Member
    76 karma

I took a break for about a week. Came back and got a 173 on my first preptest back (highest ever). I was also doing 5 or 6 a day

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I still study few hours on weekdays as I’m working a part time job. I’m studying full time on weekend.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited April 2020 990 karma

I am doing 2 hours a day with weekends off. I don’t want to burn myself out and want the material to “soak in”

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

I am re-doing the CC and putting in 3-4 hours a day. I make sure that I am really understanding the material.

• mtlyon2012mtlyon2012 Core Member
    19 karma

I'm doing 2 hours a day constantly with a full workload at school. I find Covid has forced me into a pretty solid study schedule

• Ben butinBen butin Alum Member
    112 karma

I wanna do like 5 hours a day.... but like netflix is a thing and the worlds ending so its hard

• Ben butinBen butin Alum Member
    112 karma

If anyones got any tips send them my way hahahahah

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

I was doing 3-4 when i was sure i had an April test date. I have since scaled down to 1.5-2 hours until I am more sure of the June test date. I am in a position where I am happy with my PT scores so I am trying to simply refine my skills to ensure I get my average or above.

• ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
    348 karma

This is a great discussion thread! I would also like to echo @"Young Scrappy and Hungry" 's question and ask if anyone has any tips on how to stay motivated during this time, how to prevent burnout, how to take effective breaks, etc. Disciplined studying for long periods of time is DIFFICULTTT

• miambodellmiambodell Alum Member
    30 karma

I'm in the same boat... I had been putting together a plan for a while to take a month off of work starting March 16th. I saved up money so I could pay my rent and food, and found someone to cover part of my work. Obviously, this was terrible timing because that's when sh*t hit the fan with corona. I have close to zero motivation knowing that I don't know when/how I'm going to take a test for applying this fall. Please help me find motivation to study--I'm currently riding a wave of motivation that has only recently started since March 16th, and I'm beating myself up over not taking advantage of this free time I have that seems to have no end date! SOS

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@miambodell said:
    I'm in the same boat... I had been putting together a plan for a while to take a month off of work starting March 16th. I saved up money so I could pay my rent and food, and found someone to cover part of my work. Obviously, this was terrible timing because that's when sh*t hit the fan with corona. I have close to zero motivation knowing that I don't know when/how I'm going to take a test for applying this fall. Please help me find motivation to study--I'm currently riding a wave of motivation that has only recently started since March 16th, and I'm beating myself up over not taking advantage of this free time I have that seems to have no end date! SOS

I think you have to visualize how much you want it and what it means. Then you can take the steps necessary to move forward! Start off slow, an hour or two, then gradually move up from there

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@"Young Scrappy and Hungry" said:
    If anyones got any tips send them my way hahahahah

For me doing like three in the morning and two hours in the evening is the best way to go. 5 at once is pretty hard