Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice to help stay focused during test?

miambodellmiambodell Alum Member
edited April 2020 in General 30 karma

After taking prep tests, I have come to the conclusion that one of my biggest problems is focusing on the questions/answers. We all know that it's easy to get lost in the minutia of the LSAT--whether it be choosing the most "popular" answer rather than the correct answer because you didn't pay attention to the difference between one word in the answer choice you chose and one word in the answer choice that is correct. It is important to note here that in my international studies major in undergrad, my tests mostly consisted of writing timed essays, and as such, my brain works much better in that arena--focusing on creating a thesis and going from there, rather than reading multiple answer choices and getting lost in them. When trying to answer multiple choice questions that is the majority of the LSAT, I notice that it's hard for my brain to focus on these things. Does anyone have any tips for training the brain (please don't respond with saying study / use the course more because that is what I have been doing :) ), aside from medication one can receive from a diagnosis? This can also include the changes they've made to their routines, workouts, eating habits/recipes, etc. Thank you so much !

Comments

• Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma

A few things that may help:

-Use the stylus to guide your eyes while reading for EVERY Word.
    -ensure you’re getting the ideal amount of sleep every night.
    -meditate/light exercise bfo pt. Nothing crazy, just enough to get in a good/centered place.
    -I created a mantra for myself whenever I found myself “indulging in daydreaming.“ let’s face it, this is abstract stuff that requires long term focus. My mantra was something like “are you giving it your all? “ cliche I know, But it quickly reminded me you that I wasn’t going to get this time during the exam back and I could daydream/zone out all I wanted after the exam.