Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you structure your days to avoid burn-out during quarantine

keepgoing.keepgoing. Member
edited April 2020 in General 365 karma

With quarantine, I have nothing but time... which can be good and bad.
I am scheduled to take the July test so I do have some time.

I burnt out a week ago because I was studying 5+ hours daily and waking up super early trying to get myself in a routine and become a morning person (100% not a morning person). My body was NOT a fan of this.. I had to stop studying for the past week because my brain became mush and fried.

I need help making a realistic schedule... But I worry, how am i supposed to get through so many PT's before July if I am only studying 3-4 hrs daily as some people suggest you do in order to not burn out?

I don't know how to achieve balance study/life AND get all the work done that I need to. If you could share with me your study schedule ideas for the day and week, and maybe even how you are de-stressing during quarantine - that would be so appreciated.

Thank you so much everyone

Comments

• 476 karma

Hi @dodo_bird,

I feel you. I have been trying to schedule morning study sessions to become a morning person too :) It has been better since I decided to schedule Sundays as absolutely-do-nothing-productive days where I spend time hanging out with family, and watching movies for most of the day. This has helped a lot.

Also, I realized if you do 3 PTs per week, that would amount to 12 PTs per month. This means that you will have at least 36 PTs under your belt by July without counting July. That's awesome!

Go easy on yourself and work to your strengths. No doubt you will reach your goal.

• theserg13theserg13 Alum Member
    96 karma

@dodo_bird said:
    With quarantine, I have nothing but time... which can be good and bad.
    I am scheduled to take the July test so I do have some time.

I burnt out a week ago because I was studying 5+ hours daily and waking up super early trying to get myself in a routine and become a morning person (100% not a morning person). My body was NOT a fan of this.. I had to stop studying for the past week because my brain became mush and fried.

I need help making a realistic schedule... But I worry, how am i supposed to get through so many PT's before July if I am only studying 3-4 hrs daily as some people suggest you do in order to not burn out?

I don't know how to achieve balance study/life AND get all the work done that I need to. If you could share with me your study schedule ideas for the day and week, and maybe even how you are de-stressing during quarantine - that would be so appreciated.

Thank you so much everyone

Hey, I'm planning on taking the test in July as well! I was curious what your PT plan is? Are you going to start from the beginning and just go through, or flip around through some of the newer ones? About to start taking practice tests so I wanted to get some insight.

• czheng15czheng15 Member
    16 karma

Same here. Have been waking up at 5 and study straight till 1pm and spend the rest of the day with school work. I'm going to take the LSAT in August and I feel guilty if I miss a day of study. :(