Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTs

jrose.smithjrose.smith Free Trial Member
edited May 2020 in General 47 karma

Hey everyone!

What are your thoughts when deciding what PT to take? Do you think it's better to take tests that are closer to 2020 than say 1998?

Any suggestions would be helpful! thank you.

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I think it is best to save recent practice tests close to your actual test day. I would start with practice tests in the mid 30s and work my way up. It is important to blind review and understand the takeaways in each practice test.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Depends on when you plan to take. Personally, I just started from 1, and once I hit my goal score I moved like up every 5

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

PTs before 40 make up the majority of problem set questions you will see. Take them in full if you want but they will be a touch less representative of the modern LSAT than those after the 40s and towards the recent releases. Do not touch the 80s until you are PTing consistently and working up to your exam. Those are the most like the LSAT you will take and represent the best measure of progress that you shouldn't waste at the beginning of studying.

I started at 60 and went up until 80 and then worked back to the 50s.

• henrylxixhenrylxix Member
    89 karma

To prep for June I've been doing the 60s 70s and 80s PTs in a randomized order so I don't get too comfortable with any series of PTs and get a good spread of more and less recent ones every week, two a week.