Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PowerScore Books

Gatsby96Gatsby96 Member
in General 102 karma

Just wanted advice on the powerscore lsat prep books, Are they effective?
if anyone who has written the LSAT can comment below and has used these books...

What are the most effective studying books
Thanks

Comments

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

I actually really liked the lr powerscore!!! And Manhattan prep for Lg

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I bought and read through all three of the PowerScore Bibles. I really did not like them very much through. I read all of them cover to cover and my score didn't improve more than maybe 2 or 3 points on average. It could be that its just me and they didnt work well with my learning style, but I really felt like they over complicated the simple things and simplified the things that really needed to be explained in greater detail. I think that 7sage is honestly the best there is, but if you want supplemental books I think that The Loophole and The LSAT Trainer are both better resources than PowerScore. I hope this helps!

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

The Powerscore books are good if you want to get more into LSAT theory. I thought the LR Bible worked well in conjunction with 7sage. I wouldn't say the LG and RC Bibles are that helpful though. But different LSAT books mostly just offer different perspectives; if you feel as though you need a different perspective on something, then it may be worth looking into more materials. Just remember that no book or other resource for that matter will be able to take the place of intentional and consistent studying.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

7sage is the best. I did powerscore LR and found it was pretty similar but I think 7sage is perfect