Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Key to Sufficient Assumptions Questions(I promise this works)

olaebodaolaeboda Member

Hey guys just wanted to impart some wisdom. Sufficient Assumptions questions are easy if you follow this 4 step process.

1.Identify Conclusion/Understand it

1. Identify Premise/Understand it

2. Isolate the Conclusion(Important)

3. Anticipate a Trigger that would force the the conclusion to happen

Instead of thinking about SA questions like you need to fill in the blank. Think of them like a handgun. All you need to do is pull the trigger. All SA is a pull of the Trigger/or a push of the roller coaster button. Once you start to think like this they become so easy.

DM me with any questions if this helped

Comments

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Hey I think this is a neat approach, what about for premise chain SA questions? Ie you have 3 premises, or an "and" or "or" premise set leading to a conclusion. Also what if you have a conditional conclusion? Can you provide examples please? I know for sure your approach would work with easier SA questions where you can separate the Ps and C clearly.

• WherefromcovidWherefromcovid Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Hello “anticipating the trigger” that’s where the problem lies.
    How to do that fast and accurately ?> @olaeboda said:

Hey guys just wanted to impart some wisdom. Sufficient Assumptions questions are easy if you follow this 4 step process.

1.Identify Conclusion/Understand it

1. Identify Premise/Understand it

2. Isolate the Conclusion(Important)

3. Anticipate a Trigger that would force the the conclusion to happen

Instead of thinking about SA questions like you need to fill in the blank. Think of them like a handgun. All you need to do is pull the trigger. All SA is a pull of the Trigger/or a push of the roller coaster button. Once you start to think like this they become so easy.

DM me with any questions if this helped

• olaebodaolaeboda Member
    97 karma

@Markmark That is why it is imperative to understand the premises. If you understand the premises you can come up with Sufficient assumptions from each of the premises.

@Wherefromcovid I know this is going to sound harsh but practice. You have to get comfortable doing it then it becomes second nature

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

I like what you said about being able to pull a SA from each premise, there was a really hard PSA question where you had to pull 2 SAs from 2 separate premises for the right answer. The difficulty can still lie in seeing what the premises and conclusion even are but ya I agree with your analysis!