Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone taken Flex with a stop start break accommodation?

migelpurmigelpur Free Trial Member
edited May 2020 in General 4 karma

Question in title. I'm taking on Friday and wondering how it's going to work. How was your experience? Any insight on how it's going to work would be extremely helpful and would calm my anxiety lol

Comments

• cloopdedoopcloopdedoop Member
    14 karma

i had ten minutes between each section and it starts the coutndown after you've finished but you can click to start the next section whenever you want, anywhere between 1-10min

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    edited May 2020 248 karma

Make sure you confirm your accommodations with the proctor as soon as they come online. My proctor said she couldn’t find my accommodations and she had never worked with accommodations. Then said she found them notated in a special section but she still didn’t know how to handle my case since I had accommodations. I had to get switched to another proctor. I had to ask for my 5 minute break and did that between section 2-3. The proctor didn’t offer me a break between 1-2. I should’ve asked when I wasn’t offered. I did not advocate for myself. Make sure you speak up and let them know what you’re approved for. My proctor u experience was awful and terrible for my anxiety. :(

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

I did have start stop, i avoided most of the proctoru nightmares I've been hearing. For start stop you just have a pause button at the top left of the test and I got to stop whenever I wanted and the proctor didn't yell for taking too long of a break. I also had time between each section and was able to use the restroom but you have to re-onboard every time you leave the camera's view.
    Ya make sure your accommodations are approved beforehand, the lsac emails contain most of the info. Hopefully no hickups!