Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Game Board

amarlsat93amarlsat93 Member
in Logic Games 13 karma

I am trying to develop a system for figuring out when a full game board in needed on LG. I am struggling to get my time down while still getting the games right.

One idea I had was to try and go ahead with the questions as fast as possible and if I identify the need for a game board after a question or two, to spend a few minutes building out game boards and then go back to the questions. These feels a bit messy though

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

I tend to build the initial game board with the initial rules and do not tamper with my initial game board. If there are enough questions on a game, you definitely want to take some time up front and map out each type of scenario if the rules permit you to do so. Even if there are say five questions, sometimes mapping out the scenarios ensures you get those question points. If you take the time to deduce inferences and create multiple scenarios, that type of process may help answer questions really fast so that the time taken for the initial game board set up really helps get those points easily with up-front work.

However, there are times when the rules will not allow off the bat deductions and inferences, so you will have to map out each game as the questions ask for answers. I seem to find that in/out games are mostly on the fly game set ups with an initial game board set up and not many up front deductions, and similarly for grouping games I have encountered many games that require no multiple initial game boards, but allow the game board set ups on the fly within each question. There are a lot of grouping/ordering games that do allow multiple scenarios, but that really needs to be under your discretion and how comfortable you feel with the deductions and inferences that you could make within your mind’s eye, but I definitely always try to do multiple game boards.

Try not to speed into the questions without first carefully looking at the rules and the initial game set up, while making sure you understand the implications of the rules and its contrapositives. You can then deduce and make inferences to help you with the questions. Going straight into the questions without taking a moment to create your deductions and plan to attack the questions could lead to mistakes and losing points. I have learned that becoming comfortable with understanding the different types of games and similar deductions and inferences for the different game types really helps get points by drilling different games. The more you do the games and drill games and even those games that you have trouble with or that you feel confident about, the better you will get.

You always want to stay neat and keep track of your game boards, because you can always go back to look at your game board setups if you are setting them up for different questions. Keep track of the designated game set ups for each questions that you do create a game board with the corresponding question number because if the game boards are correctly set up you can answer must be true, could be false, etcetera questions much more efficiently by looking back at your game boards.

Remember, even if you have seen a game before and you drill that game, as long as you are not just playing the game by memorizing the answer but by memorizing the inferences and deductions to a game will help you understand the game because you will be practicing the logic. That process will help you get questions correct on other different games that you hadn’t seen before because you will know how to make correct deductions and inferences.

I hope my response helps.