Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the test

mkara1616mkara1616 Alum Member

Just took my first LSAT in June and received a 170. I had been consistently scoring 172s on practice tests and sometimes hitting 174. Timing was never an issue for me and I usually scored -0 on LG. Any advice for retaking it in August? Do you recommend redoing the curriculum or just sticking to taking practice tests?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

First off, congrats!! A 170 is amazing. I would probably stick to taking PTs. I think the core curriculum is more geared towards people with less understanding of the LSAT.

How many PTs did you take before June?

• mkara1616mkara1616 Alum Member
    30 karma

@noonawoon I took a good amount of practice tests. 2-3 weeks before the test, I was taking a test everyday. I got through PT 36-89. I think because I used the older test material as practice sets and took them a while ago, I may start to retake them as practice tests.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I don't see how you can do a PT a day, thoroughly BR, and not burn out. Maybe you can reuse the 36-89 PTs that you took a while back (as opposed to 2 weeks before the test) and spend more time on the BR. I have retaken games and RC sections from PTs that I took months ago and still missed questions, so it's not necessarily true that it's going to feel like you just remember everything from the PT.