Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highlighting on the Flex

24jumpstreet24jumpstreet Alum Member
in General 56 karma

I'm currently scheduled to take the Flex on Tuesday and had a question about the highlight function. I've been practicing reading comp passages without highlighting after reading stories about what a disaster it is to use on the digital LSAT. However, I tried using the highlighter on one of the practice exams posted on LawHub and it seems to be working fine (using Chrome on a Mac). Has anyone tried using the feature on the actual Flex and know how reliable it is/whether I should attempt to use it when I take the test?
Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I didn't have any issues highlighting on Flex. However, if you're used to reading without the highlight feature, then no need to start using it now. I always used the highlight feature on PTs because it helps me to stay engaged with the text, and didn't want to change that for the real test.

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I took the May Flex and had a lot of trouble with the highlighter feature. It was extremely clunky and hard to use but maybe they improved it since then. I'm taking it again today and have been practicing not using the highlighter for that exact reason though. IMO don't use it if you haven't practiced using it.

• 24jumpstreet24jumpstreet Alum Member
    56 karma

@Climb_to_170 said:
    I took the May Flex and had a lot of trouble with the highlighter feature. It was extremely clunky and hard to use but maybe they improved it since then. I'm taking it again today and have been practicing not using the highlighter for that exact reason though. IMO don't use it if you haven't practiced using it.

Thanks for responding! I wasn't sure if it would be more reliable because it is being administered on LawHub, but I'll try to use it as little as possible if I need to. Best of luck on the test!!!