Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memorization as a Study Method for the LSAT (142 to 169)

Logical BreezoningLogical Breezoning Alum Member
in General 198 karma

Hello friends!

I recently shared my story of my 7Sage experience going from a cold diagnostic of 142 to getting a 169 on the LSAT. Many people asked for my study method and I kind of gave a quick run down of how I approached each section. I forgot to add a mildly important caveat.

My studying method has always lead me to rote memorization. I memorize things pretty easily making the generic test a breeze, which is why the LSAT was such a curve ball. There was nothing I could memorize!

After going through the core curriculum, I was overwhelmed by the amount of information to take in and was a bit shook. I decided to go through it again and select some vital data to jot down on some flash cards. I wanted to play to my strengths and use memorization as an approach to the LSAT. I found that memorizing these flash cards made my response times to particular questions quicker, especially with argument flaw questions. Being familiar with the verbiage made it easier to see through the weeds of fabricated confusion that the LSAT writers love so much.

@kkole444 asked me to recreate the cards on Quizlet so they could be shared. So, for everyone who also likes to memorize things as a study method, please feel free to use these!

https://quizlet.com/_8iw236?x=1qqt&i=c0dx3

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have :) Best of luck to all!

-Josh

Note: if creating these/posting these is in any form a copyright infringement of 7Sage, please let me know and I'll take it down immediately.

Comments

• dpenadpena Member
    103 karma

Thank you!!

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

Thanks for sharing @"Logical Breezoning" I was wondering what your time frame was for studying? I started out at a 142 diagnostic as well on March 1st and on my 2nd pt after the cc I scored a 160. I am hoping to get to mid to upper 160’s as well and am curious as to how long that jump took you? Thanks so much!

• Logical BreezoningLogical Breezoning Alum Member
    198 karma

@sheridjw took me about 14 months but I was working full time so there were a lot of days I didn’t study

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

@"Logical Breezoning" ok great, thanks for the reply back and congrats on the score!

• ReginaSpiewakJonesReginaSpiewakJones Alum Member
    177 karma

Thank you Josh!

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Love this. I also have made flashcards so want to compare. Thank you!

• zhj19971007zhj19971007 Alum Member
    33 karma

Thank you so much for sharing!

• FlaxseedsFlaxseeds Member
    40 karma

You're the best! Thank you!

• John.PrudenJohn.Pruden Alum Member
    34 karma

Ahhh thank you! This is iconic and will be a huge help on the go!

• Ru_mp1639Ru_mp1639 Member
    56 karma

Thank you for sharing Josh!

• Yasmin_MYasmin_M Core Member
    12 karma

Thank you so much!! This will be a huge help.