Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I took the July Flex- AMA (not about specific questions, obviously)

lipkin.15lipkin.15 Alum Member
in General 55 karma

I took the July flex and had a good experience. If you have any questions about the format, proctor experience, etc..., I will answer. I, for obvious reasons, will not speak to specific questions.

Comments

• oolsonoolson Member
    24 karma

I have been doing PTs with just one LR section. Typically on 7Sage the LR questions move from easier to harder, with the final 10 questions being the most difficult. Would you say the July FLEX LR felt similar to taking a single LR off of a four section PT?

• lipkin.15lipkin.15 Alum Member
    55 karma

@oolson said:
    I have been doing PTs with just one LR section. Typically on 7Sage the LR questions move from easier to harder, with the final 10 questions being the most difficult. Would you say the July FLEX LR felt similar to taking a single LR off of a four section PT?

That is the same strategy I used and I did not notice a discernible difference in difficulty on the actual test. Yes, it felt like they literally just cut out a section and changed nothing else

Good luck!

• student of thoughtstudent of thought Alum Member
    101 karma

Is the proctor visible on screen during the exam? How is the format compared to the digital PT's offered through 7sage?

• 180blueeyes180blueeyes Member
    25 karma

Did you prep by taking 1 LR or were you taking full four section exams?
    How long did it take for you to connect/begin the exam?
    Any overall complaints?
    Any suggestions/helpful tips you wish someone had told you?
    Will you be retaking the exam?

55 karma

@"student of thought" said:
    Is the proctor visible on screen during the exam? How is the format compared to the digital PT's offered through 7sage?

My proctor was not and they muted themselves. One the exam started, the only contact I had with the proctor was through a chat box that I could minimize

The format is similar but not exact. I recommend taking one or two FREE PT's through LSAC because it matches the format exactly

edited August 2020 55 karma

@180blueeyes said:
    Did you prep by taking 1 LR or were you taking full four section exams?
    How long did it take for you to connect/begin the exam?
    Any overall complaints?
    Any suggestions/helpful tips you wish someone had told you?
    Will you be retaking the exam?

I did full PT's until about two weeks prior. Then I started only doing three-section and focusing more on the questions I missed than the scores because the conversions are not exact.

Connecting takes maybe 15-20 minutes. They make you show them your scrap paper, check your arms and ears, show them your room with a camera AND the front of your computer screen (I literally had to pick up my laptop and bring it into my bathroom at home). It was weird but harmless.

No complaints if I am being honest. The proctor was muted the entire time and said nothing. The test worked really well. I thought the check-in and check-out procedure was a bit much, but it did not really change anything and maybe even distracted me for a minute and calmed my nerves

Yes- you get a minute in-between sections (like a literal sixty seconds). I used mine to number my scrap paper and to take a few deep breaths. Also, nobody told me this, but be smart the day or two leading up. Don't eat offensive foods, don't drink a ton the night before/ morning of because there are no bathroom breaks, and stay sober lol. I would also HIGHLY recommend doing a few practice problems from each section the morning of just to fire up your brain. Finally, the week leading up to the test I was scoring 7 points lower than I did on the actual thing because of stress. Try not to psych yourself out!

I will not be taking it again, I was lucky to score on the high-end of my PT range

Good luck

• broadh22broadh22 Alum Member
    20 karma

The format is similar but not exact. I recommend taking one or two FREE PT's through LSAC because it matches the format exactly

Where do you find these FREE PTs? I have looked all over the website and can't seem to find it. I have found the regular PTs, just not the flex version...

55 karma

@broadh22 said:

Where do you find these FREE PTs? I have looked all over the website and can't seem to find it. I have found the regular PTs, just not the flex version...

Sorry if I mis-spoke. You can find the regular PT's which match the exact format of the digital LSAT if you want to get acquainted with how it looks/ what you can do with it. They still have 4 sections