Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing Logic Games

CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
in General 1376 karma

Im foolproofing all the games from 1-35. However, if you guys are also foolproofing, do you do the Miscellaneous games as well? I know they are beneficial for picking out inferences that can help with future games but the setups for these games are so different compared to the games now. Would ya'll recommend still doing these games or drill games such as sequencing, in out, grouping etc instead?

Comments

• brandonk47brandonk47 Member
    97 karma

there have been a MISC game on a lot of the most recent tests so it is a great idea to do them and get familiar with games that are not your normal grouping/sequencing so they don't surprise you on test

• 425 karma

Hi there,

I am fool proofing LGs right now too and I find miscellany games to be the hardest. I am solid on all the other game types except miscellany. If you click under resources and then problem sets, you can get a sneak peak at what types of games are in all the PTs before you take them. If you do this, you will see that many of the recent PTs have hard miscellany games. With that being said, I think it definitely worth the effort to master all of games, even old ones. This way, no matter what weird miscellany game is thrown at us on test day, we will have the skills to take on anything. If we master hard and weird games, our skills will only be sharpened. Plus we will have more confidence on test day which is invaluable.

Nicole

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

@brandonk47 @"Legally Dark Blonde" Thanks for the feedback! Ill definitely check out the Misc games if they are now appearing on newer PT's. And I would agree that they are a lot harder compared to the other games. The way I'm doing the Foolproof is going 1-35 doing the easiest games first, then easier, then medium and so on. So far it's going very well.

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

Some advice I received was to foolproof all games PT 1-35 except misc, and then once you get a handle on all the others, to FP misc ones (I did that and I definitely think that it was easier to tackle them now with some more experience and confidence under my belt)!

• brandonk47brandonk47 Member
    97 karma

Good idea. Honestly, once you do a lot of the MISC games, you’ll realize the only difficult part is the game board setup ( at least for me) because it’s not your ordinary game. Once you see past that and not let the MISC game throw you off, you’ll be getting them all right. Keep working