Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice please: Need 165+ but average in 162

syh-0120syh-0120 Member
in General 16 karma

I'll be taking August Flex exam and I have a big fear of LR section.

I've been reading Loophole despite the test literally being in few weeks. Now I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about bringing my score up 3+ since I consistently score around -4 in LG and -6 in RC. Should I focus on perfecting LG or go back to the basics and read up on Loophole to strengthen my fundamentals? I'm feeling defeated because I can never get past 170 when doing BR, so I feel like this indicates a fundamental weakness. But on the other hand it feels like I'm beating a dead horse by reading LR textbooks when I should now strategize to maximize my scores.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I would recommend delaying your exam if that is possible and focusing your review on full-length practice tests instead of textbooks/theory

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

delay exam. If you are not where you want to be, then do not take the test

• syh-0120syh-0120 Member
    16 karma

Thank you for the responses. Delaying Aug would not be an option as it's the last LSAT to not count and my school only looks at best score so I don't have a problem with having a bad score on file. However, I can see that there's more value in drilling with test being so close. I'll seriously focus on full PT rather than reading textbooks. Thank you!

• Jordan HJordan H Alum Member
    16 karma

What do you mean by the LSAT to not count?

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

I would drill the question types that you have the most trouble with and also re do every LG that you get -2 on and fool proof each game. Study hard and efficient, I am sure you will do well.

• edited August 2020 310 karma

If I were in your shoes I would be doing the basic translation drills as well re-doing old LR sections and LG sections. You have such little time that nothing you do is going to substantially change your abilities, but you can maintain the proficiency you have right now by doing Cassidy's BTDs and building confidence by re-doing sections you've already seen.

• jsj371jsj371 Member
    19 karma

FOCUS ON LG!!!! Using the Pacifico method for literally just two weeks, I've gotten from LG -4 or 5 to -0 or 1. Here's the link to the method: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

• jsj371jsj371 Member
    19 karma

If you can't delay, double down on the easiest section to improve upon (LG), focus on those drills, and don't take PTs too too often. Taking them every day causes me to dip due to burnout.