Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review with music?

XenmentalityXenmentality Core Member
in General 22 karma

Should I be doing a blind review in silence to sort of simulate test conditions without the timer? Was considering listening to music during the blind review since it takes forever to do but not sure. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• FloridaManFloridaMan Core Member
    139 karma

I personally have never done any practice problems, timed or untimed with music. I've always assumed that that would result in a score not reflective of what you could do on test day, without music. However, I would like to hear other opinions on this because I also have the urge to listen to music from time to time.

• Iron-HanIron-Han Member
    184 karma

I do it all the time to drown out the noise from other people in my apartment. I usually just put on classical music, anything without words haha. I don’t think it hurts my BR either, my last was a 173 so I think it’s fine.

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

As long as you don't take the timed pt with music I don't really think blind review music matters. My blind reviews, while thorough, are not as formal in structure. I skip around sections and even take it across two days sometimes.

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    393 karma

Noise cancelling headphones and classic piano. I turn down the volume decently low and it definitely helps me focus. Just wore ear plugs to take the test.

• Nikki GandhiNikki Gandhi Core Member
    8 karma

I listen with music, just because I love studying with music. However, the idea that you are more likely to remember something if you're in the same mental state (emotionally, physically) as when you were studying does sit in the back of my mind. Just something to think about. Maybe try once without music and see if it affects your BR at all? I, personally, will get insanely distracted if I don't listen to music so it helps me.

• SilentEagleSilentEagle Alum Member
    100 karma

I generally listened to music when I was Blind Reviewing. However, I would suggest that you listen to something you know very well and something that is relaxing/easy to listen to.