Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend Any Grammar Books?

audeamus300audeamus300 Alum Member
edited September 2020 in General 226 karma

Hey all, has anyone used any grammar books (or course/class) that you found helpful for LR and RC? I did the CC grammar section and figured that I needed to study more.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Comments

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

I just read @"Lucas Carter"s post and he has some grammar specific book/website suggestions. I haven't tried any myself yet but you could check them out:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/24658/everything-i-know

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited September 2020 905 karma

Princeton Review's Grammar Smart ?? Might be helpful ... although, the newest edition is a bit "dumbed down" from some of the earlier editions, in my opinion.

I used Grammar Smart as a reference in grad school - it's really inexpensive and quick to read. (Off-topic, but the 'Word Smart' were really helpful for studying for the GRE. If anyone feels like their vocabulary is a bit weaker than they'd like, those might help for the LSAT - I know they have an audio version, where one can listen while they're commuting/working out/etc)

• audeamus300audeamus300 Alum Member
    226 karma

@mellomel @hopefulling Thank you for your recommendations! I'll be sure to check those out!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2020 4306 karma

@audeamus300 I'd also recommend "The best grammar workbook ever” by Arlene Miller

• audeamus300audeamus300 Alum Member
    226 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Thanks!