Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling really dumb

lightsylittlelightsylittle Core Member
in General 16 karma

I went from a 156 - > 158 - > 157. I have been signed up for October but thinking of withdrawing and going for Nov. or just completely giving up. I've been on a plateau for a year and my biggest issue is games and also test timing, I never have time for the last 5-7 questions. I was scoring higher this last time, but lsat flex proctor didn't know how to start the test for two hours and I thought I would end up missing the exam so I was very anxious. Will law schools take the highest score, how do I even explain this in an addendum, do I take again, will it look awful? I have a lot of questions and feel dejected.

Comments

• A.MENS2020A.MENS2020 Member
    82 karma

I'm not sure where you live, but most schools in Canada for example, take your highest LSAT. I would say purchase the Score Review package from LSAC for $45 which releases your LSAT Flex score and let's you decide up to 6 days on if you want your score released. If your score is not where you want it, just request that it not be released, and take the January exam? That's what I am doing:
    "Score Preview is only available to first-time test takers who wish to see their score before deciding whether to keep it as part of their LSAC transcript and report it to schools. Score preview will cost $45 if you sign up prior to the first day of testing for a given test administration, or $75 if you sign up after testing has concluded".
    Don't give up!!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

Score preview is only available to first-time test takers.

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

hi :)
    in terms of the games comment, what has been your approach to studying? I think it's very possible for you to improve in games and increase your score!

• lightsylittlelightsylittle Core Member
    16 karma

I'm in the US (California) I will admit though between COVID and the wildfires and daily ash raining from the sky I've been extremely stressed out.

• lightsylittlelightsylittle Core Member
    16 karma

@"Heinz Doofenshmirtz" said:
    in terms of the games comment, what has been your approach to studying? I think it's very possible for you to improve in games and increase your score!

I have picked up the logic games bible and I've been going through that, I'll do about four games every few days but to get all the questions right it takes about 12-15 minutes for me. I feel like diagramming maybe takes me a while or I feel compelled to diagram for each question so maybe I don't create enough scenarios?

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

@lightsylittle said:

@"Heinz Doofenshmirtz" said:

I have picked up the logic games bible and I've been going through that, I'll do about four games every few days but to get all the questions right it takes about 12-15 minutes for me. I feel like diagramming maybe takes me a while or I feel compelled to diagram for each question so maybe I don't create enough scenarios?

Have you considered using the 7 sage curriculum for games?
    I have nothing against powerscore, and found their LG and RC bibles to be extremely thorough. But the LG bible just didn't do it for me. I was able to get to -0 on games using the 7 sage foolproof method. I really really recommend it. I started out missing half the questions, but using the foolproof method, games soon became my favorite section on the exam.

Especially since you're considering November...you can definitely make vast improvements on LG by then, bumping up your score greatly :)

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Don't give up!! I'm going through the same thing. I know it sucks, honestly. I'm in a similar position score-wise and have been working on foolproofing LG. I've been working through multiple copies of some of the games and I've been seeing some improvement on that front. I'm sitting for November for the last time...and I'm super nervous about this flex stuff. If you're looking for a study/accountability partner, lmk!

• sierra_km24sierra_km24 Member
    73 karma

I totally agree w/ using 7Sage! I was using PowerScore and consistently got -7 to -10 in LG and could never finish in time, and then I took 2 weeks off to study with 7Sage and got -5 but had 8 minutes to spare. If anything, I'd suggest taking a step back to de-stress. I took off 10 days from taking PT's to just drill and re-learn my weak points. I witnessed a jump from 158/159 --> 165 yesterday, with a 174 BR. Don't give up!