Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

using iMac for Flex test?

Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
in General 264 karma

Is iMac allowed for Flex test? Anyone tried before? If so, how did you show the room to your proctor in the beginning? Thank you!

Comments

• edited September 2020 55 karma

You need a webcam. It can be separate from the computer though. LSAC has a pretty extensive list of what's allowed and not allowed in. the FAQs https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat/lsat-flex.

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@KellersPhoenix said:
    You need a webcam. It can be separate from the computer though. LSAC has a pretty extensive list of what's allowed and not allowed in. the FAQs https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat/lsat-flex.

The iMac has webcam. It's a big giant monitor with a webcam. I wonder if it is allowed and if so, do I hold this giant monitor around when I scan the room?

• 55 karma

They'll make you show the room, yeah. Depends if you want to pick up the monitor.

• lsat4444lsat4444 Alum Member
    13 karma

Hi, I took my flex exam on an iMac in July! You need to have a handheld mirror with you, and you will have to "reflect" your surroundings like your desk and under your desk using the mirror. It took like 30 seconds and it wasn't an issue at all.

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@lsat4444 said:
    Hi, I took my flex exam on an iMac in July! You need to have a handheld mirror with you, and you will have to "reflect" your surroundings like your desk and under your desk using the mirror. It took like 30 seconds and it wasn't an issue at all.

Thank you so much!

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

While studying at home I have my laptop propped up onto a laptop stand (pretty typical, ordered off amazon so I don't strain my neck) as well as a bluetooth mouse. Does anyone know if these items are allowed during the flex?