Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November LSAT Deadline Changed to Sept. 23rd instead of 30th

scapizziscapizzi Core Member
in General 20 karma

I just tried registering for the Nov. LSAT and was informed that the deadline that was previously listed as Sept. 30th was changed to Sept. 23rd. Needless to say, I was completely unaware of this change and this throws an absolutely massive wrench in my law school admissions plans.. I just emailed the LSAC help link but am definitely still freaking out. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not it is still possible to register even after the changed deadline/ would be able to grant me some insight on whether or not I could take the December Test and still get my application into law school admissions offices in time to still get in for this upcoming semester? #Help #Please

Comments

• fdrdeirossifdrdeirossi Member
    8 karma

I'm having the same problem because I also thought that the registration deadline was September 30. I sent them an email as well, but please let me know if you hear anything from them.

• scapizziscapizzi Core Member
    20 karma

I absolutely will. Praying for us.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

I saw another thread about this, but I can't seem to find it.

From what I gathered, people said to call LSAC and some said they had luck being able to still register over the phone in spite of it being after Sept 23. I would try that instead of email - best of luck

• D_man1071D_man1071 Member
    edited September 2020 130 karma

@fdrdeirossi @scapizzi @nw_39796

I was in the same boat last week. I missed the deadline by two days because I never knew they changed the date, and LSAC, unsurprisingly, did a horrible job of making this known. I think they know this and are being pretty lenient as a result. I called Friday afternoon and simply told the woman on the phone, "Yooo I'm freaking out because I had no idea LSAC changed the registration date." She said, "Well we don't want you freaking out because that isn't healthy, so let's go ahead and get you registered for November."

Granted, I had to wait on the phone for an hour, but once I got through it took two minutes to register. So don't stress guys! I think you're good! If they give you a hard time, tell them you weren't able to register until late September due to financial reasons or something like that.

• scapizziscapizzi Core Member
    20 karma

For anyone still following this thread, I just got off the phone with an LSAC representative who was less than helpful to put it kindly. She repeatedly said that "from management, this isn't possible- the deadline has passed sir." Was there a specific number/option you chose from the main call menu that let you get to that person who was helpful? @D_man1071 I called in from (215) 968-1001 and went to candidate test accommodations and now am just trying general help.

• D_man1071D_man1071 Member
    edited September 2020 130 karma

@scapizzi That's straight BS! I called that number as well and I believe I went to test registration. I would cite that you have proof about others being able to register successfully after the deadline due to the nature of the date change. Also cite how the deadline didn't change accordingly on their website in a timely manner, and a result, you had the date marked as the 30th. There should be no reason why they don't let you register. If someone is giving you a hard time, request to speak to someone else. Keep calling until you find someone that doesn't have a stick up their ass. As a last resort, threaten to file a formal complaint, as they are not allowed to arbitrarily enforce a policy while making exceptions for others. I'm so sorry to hear you are having trouble.

• moddie20moddie20 Member
    11 karma

Hello guys. I actually missed the deadline too. I wanted to change my October test to November, and I was told I can't do that. However, I moved it to January since they don't have any December dates. The call wait is pretty long. I waited an hour and 15 minutes. Maybe call them again and hopefully another operator would help you. Good luck!