Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I keep myself from losing patience?

bellahyeon14bellahyeon14 Member
in General 258 karma

As the exam day is approaching (which is one month away), I can't help but feel impatient, especially when I feel like my fundamentals are shaking, or when I feel like my intuition in approaching questions on LR isn't working well.
How do I keep myself from losing patience, without getting distracted from practicing, drilling and reviewing my mistakes?

Comments

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

Hey we're in a similar boat! I'm also writing in November and would love to just be done with this.

Here's the thing though, we have to dig deeper here. ****We did not**** spend all this time studying in vain. We didn't make all these sacrificies to squander the time we have left.

If you've made significant progress so far, you likely have a method that works. Your "intuition failing" could just be a bad LR section, that happens to everyone.

Keep your head up. You're on the cusp of achieving something many people only dream about.
    One more month of grinding will go by quickly, but that feeling you'll have when you get that score you've been working for, I'd imagine that feeling will last indefinitely. (Pain is temporary and all that...)

Goodluck :) Wish you the best!

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

You're almost there! Keep your eyes on the goal. It's like running a marathon and dropping off at mile 23. You're in the grind, but the end is in sight.

But also remember not to burn yourself out this last month. Breaks will do wonders for solidifying your knowledge/skills :smiley:

• prepedonlineprepedonline Free Trial Member
    25 karma

If you want to keep yourself from losing patience, without getting distracted from practising drilling and reviewing your mistakes? then there is a way that is you have to challenge your self, and remind that challenge every day.that will help you to focus on your goal and when you are exam hall in that time also tell you self be cool you can do it . such kind of activity can help you in keep patience.

• fruitjamfruitjam Member
    70 karma

same place as you haha... i've been improving and then i've become quite inconsistent the past few weeks. my exam is in a week and i'm all over the place :'( getting anxious and impatient