Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I be confident about my PTs?

in General 769 karma

Please let me down easy if I shouldn’t be, but I am wondering if my PT performance means I should be confident about taking the actual test. My most recent PT I scored a 165 which I would be thrilled to get on the actual exam. This is a big increase from my first flex PT which was a 152. I obviously always do the PTs timed, but since I live with 6 other people there is always a lot of distractions so I almost always have to stop and come back to the section I am on. However I will have a quiet space to complete the test on test day, so I’m hoping it will be easier to concentrate. Should I be confident that I am capable of getting another 165?

Comments

• Seif SeifSeif Seif Member
    14 karma

I think you absolutely should be. If you can do it once you are definitely capable of doing it again. That being said I think it does depend on some other factors like your average PT score, how you do under pressure etc. So keep putting the work in and I'm sure you can do it, it just won't be easy lol.

Good luck!

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

I have a similar problem but I have noticed that I score best on distraction free PTs. Hoping for that on test day but I also figure if I have a ProctorU nightmare, it might not affect me as much.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I'll echo that having consistency in your PT performance should give you more confidence. If your scores are always in the mid 160's then you can be pretty confident your actual test will be. If you score 155 one test and 167 the next then I think the degree of confidence that your test day score will be 165 is lower. You're clearly capable though, and that's the thing to remember going in. You can do it, and you only have to execute once.

PS I am struggling with the same thing and my PTs are insanely consistent. My low for the month is only 2.5 points below my average while my high is 1.5. I need to take my own advice.