Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on Cancelling LSAT Score

nico.e.mnico.e.m Member
in General 11 karma

I took the October-Flex and am slightly worried I did the same or worse than the previous time I took it. I am trying to decide if I should cancel my score or just wait an see what happens. Specifically, I am curious how bad it looks to admissions to have potentially done worse the second time. I am taking it again in November.

Anyone have thoughts/advice on this?

Comments

• listentothewindblowlistentothewindblow Core Member
    127 karma

Personally I feel like it would not matter if you do worse as long as you ultimately perform higher in November.

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

Don't cancel unless you are certain you did worse. I've heard cases of people considering canceling and then luck out and score above their average. Canceling should be reserved for situations of certainty only (i.e. you didn't answer 15+ questions on a section for some reason). Otherwise, roll the dice.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

Definitely don't cancel! I was always told cancelling is for extreme or unusual circumstances, ie: you weren't feeling well and know for a fact you didn't answer questions or didn't finish a section you usually do.

There is more to be gained from seeing your score than there is from cancelling. :)

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Agree with everyone else. We are terrible predictors of our own score. I was sure I bombed my last PT before today's test over the weekend and got a better than average score. I'll maintain it's the hardest PT I have ever done, but I did well on it nonetheless. Who knows, maybe you're in a similar situation where you did well on difficult questions. Schools look at your best score anyway and it is unlikely you performed significantly below your average.