Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did the logic games bundle take?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
I am just getting into the LG bundle and would ideally like to complete it in three weeks. With my work schedule, I can devote six hours a day.

Is this realistic? Right now progress is slow as its all new but, my guess is that my average time per game will speed up as my skills grow. I can only manage one four-game section or perhaps two each day right now.

Will this likely get quicker? If I can learn the bundle in three weeks, I will remain on my schedule.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You can definitely do this, I've only been doing a few hours a day so far since I'm still working, but I've already gotten through 25% of the bundle in just a week so I could be done by the end of the month without increasing my load at all. If you look in the Logic Games discussion forum I made a post called "Logic Games Attack Strategy" that outlines my approach in more detail. And yes, the more you do, the better (and faster) you will get. I think LGs are also really fun so once I get on a roll I find it hard to pull myself away sometimes, especially when I'm finishing under time and 100% correct. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes, at first it will start out slow but after practice it will become quicker and there will be patterns that you will notice which will make LGs easier and easier to the point that you will be making -4 or less on each section.
  • tarren828tarren828 Member
    11 karma
    I noticed once 7Sage took down the PDFs, the LG bundle was removed from my study schedule. Is there a link to get that bundle integrated back into my studies?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @tarren828 said:
    I noticed once 7Sage took down the PDFs, the LG bundle was removed from my study schedule. Is there a link to get that bundle integrated back into my studies?
    Unfortunately not at the moment, but you can still access the explanations here:
    http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/
  • TeddyKGBTeddyKGB Alum Member
    112 karma
    If I could make a suggestion? I wouldn't necessarily aim to have it "done" in three weeks. The Bundle did magic on my LG game, but it took time. At first, I couldn't even get 10 right (let alone understand what the hell I was doing). Leading up to game day I was averaging -1 on fresh PTs, and on my actual exam (PT 73) I went -0.

I'd suggest working up and down all those LG sections and doing at least one full section per day--utilizing JY's explanations on the ball-busters. I think over time you'll be amazed at how easy they become.

(And FWIW, I never practiced my non-PT sections timed. I cared more about working through every set up/question till I did understand what the hell was going on. Speed came naturally.)
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I’m on month 2 of my logic bundle. I’ve completed every game at least 3 times so far (plus I add games from new PTs after I complete them.) I anticipate it’ll take at least another 2 months to complete. But in the end, I’m told, I can expect to be around -3 or better on each test thereafter. That seems worth the time to me.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I think it's important to always time yourself with a stopwatch no matter what you're doing so you can see your progress. Take as much time as you want, but at least have that metric to measure improvement. And then use a timer for when you either feel ready for it for drilling, or reserve it only for PTs.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 3462 karma
    I went over the LG bundle 3 times. It only helped improve my score in LGs.