Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum for score cancellation?

ricottacheesericottacheese Member
edited November 2020 in Law School Admissions 26 karma

My downstair apartment was always vacant, the university reserved it as a temporary quarantine housing for students. Unfortunately, right after my LSAT started this afternoon, I heard loud TV noise downstairs, cheering and laughing. (I guess it might be the media coverage for Biden victory.)

That was really distracting as I couldn't concentrate on the test. I can read but cannot understand stimuli. I flagged 10 questions on LR (usually 2-3 flagged questions during PTs), and had no clues for the RC section.

I have to say the timing was "perfect", no noise during my test check-in, and just right after my first session began, the TV was turned on. (I can no longer leave the room at that time) If I had known someone moved in and the insulation was that bad, I would have politely asked my neighbor to lower the volume.

My decision is to cancel the score (I have my August score on hand). In my situation, is this a reasonable reason for cancellation? Do I need to provide an addendum for this? As I once read on the forum, that admission officers would not flag a single cancellation, they would just assume something bad happened.

my test was LR-RC-LG, LG was quite normal, sorry I cannot assess the difficulties for LR and RC, as I was not at the test during these two sections. LOL
GOOD LUCK on your FLEX exam and remember to check with neighbors if necessary.

Comments