Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I need to update schools about job changes?

Hi! I submitted all of my apps in early October. I've been admitted to some, and I'm still waiting on decisions from others. I'm considering a job change. On the resume I submitted, it says I work two jobs. I want to quit one so I can go full-time at another. Should I contact the schools and let them know? Or is it irrelevant? TIA!

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 2464 karma

I imagine this would be irrelevant. I doubt any individual whose work situation changes subsequent to their submitting their apps notifies schools of said change. I think you'll be fine.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I would probably only send an updated resume if you get an interview invite (just because interviews ask about jobs a lot). Otherwise seems unnecessary

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I agree with @noonawoon and @Logician in that it is likely unnecessary. In addition, this is a nice thing to keep in your pocket - in the event of a WL or extended time with no decision you have a legit reason to contact them and have your file pulled.

• Libby DayhuffLibby Dayhuff Alum Member
    34 karma

Thank you all! I just didn't want to do something - or not do something - that would jeopardize my chances.