Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study schedule

mia12345mia12345 Core Member
in General 260 karma

Hi guys, I’m a little confused with how the study schedule is set up. I know it starts with core curriculum but when I build a schedule it makes it so the only “lessons” in the last months are practice tests. Is that really how I should be studying or should I incorporate other things like drills and what not towards those last few months or should I truly just be taking full length tests and blind reviewing? Thanks in advance

Comments

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

i think thats how its set up for everyone, but it really just depends on what works best for you. you dont necessarily have to follow everything as is after you are done with the core curriculum. when i took the lsat the first time, i took just tests but the second time i also did drilling as a part of the study process
    hope that helps

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Yeah, it is set up that way because it is the best method for most people. If you do not have a solid understanding of what questions are asking to you do or why they are written a certain way it is hard to even understand why you got things wrong. Completing the core curriculum means that you have a solid enough theoretical understanding of the LSAT that you can really engage deeply with questions even if you do not understand the answer. It also lets you approach the practice tests after that same foundation is laid down instead of A. getting discouraged by a performance that is poor because of a lack of understanding of the test or B. having your early question analytics data tainted because you haven't studied certain question types yet.