Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January retake

Hi! I submitted my applications but I'm planning on retaking the LSAT in January. I would like to be considered with my current score to take advantage of having an earlier application. Do schools look at it negatively when you ask them to review your current score? I'm worried that my target/safety schools will see it as a sign that I'm prioritizing other schools and I'm not sure what to say in the email.

Comments

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

no, i don't think they would. there are a handful of people who submit their apps + ask to be evaluated based on their submitted stats, but re-take the lsat so that they can use the new score to negotiate for scholarships later. (or they do it for some other reasons)
    personally, i don't see how this could hurt your chances, or even be taken as a sign that you're prioritizing other schools.

you should email your schools and make it clear that you'd like them to proceed with your apps with your current score, so that they don't hold on to your file until after they receive your new score which comes out in feb.

• Angela KimAngela Kim Core Member
    98 karma

Lots of schools accept January as the last write, so don't worry and do your best! They will wait and not release all the acceptances at once. Good luck.