Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which tests should I do for practice?

teeeeeeeteeeeeee Core Member
in General 33 karma

I'm nearing the end of the core curriculum and I will begin doing preptests every couple of days, but since I'm limited with time before the January LSAT I wont be able to get through most of the practice tests. That being said, should I just focus on doing the newer tests, or the old ones, or a mix of both? I expect to be able to do about 15 in the time I will have remaining before my exam so I want to make sure that I am making the right choices.

Comments

• jrnessaryjrnessary Member
    13 karma

I would start from most recent and work your way back, personally. More recent test, I have read, are more likely to mirror the ones administered in the upcoming cycle. Any and all practice is a good way to go though!

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

the flex exams so far had been extracted from pts from a variety of eras: the may flex was in the later 80's era; june flex was in the 60's; some on july were in the later 60's; some on august were in the mid-70's~early 80's; some on october were in the 50's, 60's, later 70's~80's; some on november were in the early 80's.

if you're taking jan 2021, there's word around town that the test might mirror tests in the early 80's, with feb 2018 (between pt 83/84) being a good candidate.
    i'd focus on a mixture of tests in the 80's, some 70's and even 60's/50's.

good luck!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

It’s really up to you! Unlike others here I like to start from the beginning, so I am working through some old material to give me foundation and when I am comfortable I am planning on taking timed tests!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I would definitely work with a mix of different tests- not just the newer ones. Most students hope to take the LSAT only once but the majority of students take the LSAT at least a couple of times, particularly with these flex exams. I have heard so many people burn through the newer PT's only to realize that they are retaking and should have saved some. With the Flex tests we have seen sections from the 50's to the 80's used. Of course these are undisclosed tests but look at the time span. I was also doing an older test the other day (PT 37) and one of the games was nearly identical ( different subject matter) than one of the games on the Flex tests. I would only note that tests prior to 51 are missing the A/B passage for Reading Comp and also are lacking the rule sub question for LG. Aside from this, the logic behind and the skills tested have changed very little, which make any test valuable.

• teeeeeeeteeeeeee Core Member
    33 karma

Thank you for your comments @FindingSage @Auntie2020 @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" @jrnessary I really appreciate it!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

You are very welcome!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Good luck :D