Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ List of BR (Blind Review) groups

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited January 2016 in Study Groups 12637 karma

Please note that as of July 6th, I am not updating this thread as much. There are far too many BR groups for me to keep track of. The newest BR groups will be at the top of the "Study Groups" category, here:

http://7sage.com/forums/categories/study-groups

Please PM the author of each thread to be invited to the BR group! (Note: I am not the author!)

BR Calendar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wNxrEU0-YfiID5upvTUlAOo8J-MvXfM2K7mvUkcD1xc/

BR groups always active through Skype! Add nikkers625 on Skype, or PM Nicole! ( @nicole.hopkins )

Q: What happens during these BR groups?
@nicole.hopkins said:
We go through every question in the test, in order. Where LR questions benefit from diagramming, we use a white board app (links provided during the call); we also diagram all of the LG using the same app (several people diagram since some of us use slightly different methods).

Everyone takes the PT for that week under timed/exam simulating conditions. Then, those who are able BR the whole test on their own (I am often not able to BR the whole thing on my own and it's literally never been a problem). We meet on Skype at the appointed day/time (usually 3.5 hours, give or take) and go through the whole test. It's fun and hardcore.

For a lot of us, the PT's we do are retakes but everyone benefits, no matter if it's a fresh test for you or not. Feel free to listen in sometime to see what it's like (PM me with your Skype handle).

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I can add folks to both the Saturday (7pm EST) and Monday (8pm EST) groups—shoot me a PM!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Updated.
  • pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    521 karma
    Post for upcoming weeks -- here

Calendar of next group BR pts -- here
    12637 karma
    Updated! Thanks @pseudonymous
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    What exactly happens in these BR group meetings? Does everyone list their BR questions and go over them as a group? Just trying to see how/what point in my studying I should incorporate this in! Thanks!
    7965 karma
    @cacrv567 We go through every question in the test, in order. Where LR questions benefit from diagramming, we use a white board app (links provided during the call); we also diagram all of the LG using the same app (several people diagram since some of us use slightly different methods).

Everyone takes the PT for that week under timed/exam simulating conditions. Then, those who are able BR the whole test on their own (I am often not able to BR the whole thing on my own and it's literally never been a problem). We meet on Skype at the appointed day/time (usually 3.5 hours, give or take) and go through the whole test. It's fun and hardcore.

We'll restart the PT cycle in June with PT36; for a lot of us, the PT's we do are retakes but everyone benefits, no matter if it's a fresh test for you or not. Feel free to listen in sometime to see what it's like (PM me with your Skype handle).
    12637 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Hope you don't mind me quoting you on the main post for people who are curious in the future.
    7965 karma
    You're the man now, @"Dillon A. Wright" !
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    I am just going to throw this out there: @nicole.hopkins you can never leave 7Sage. We NEED you! I'm so excited to jump into the PT BR come June... that is when I complete these darn fundamentals *headdesk*
    7965 karma
    This LSATurday (5/16 at 7pm EST) will be PT62!

@VegMeg55 aww :) Yes I'll be like @"Nilesh S" hanging about well after law school acceptance :) Hopefully!
    587 karma
    I haven't seen @"Nilesh S" in these waters in a good long while... *tear* Our family is falling apart! I can't handle these feelings!
    12637 karma
    @VegMeg55 said:
    I haven't seen @"Nilesh S" in these waters in a good long while... *tear* Our family is falling apart! I can't handle these feelings!
    Nilesh seems to be too busy selling comic books on facebook lol
    587 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Sounds about right... I'd expect nothing else.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You guys, @"Nilesh S" has been busy with finals! He'll be back shortly.
  • harrison.krupnickharrison.krupnick Alum Member
    25 karma
    This sounds great! Definitely looking forward to joining in come June!
  • redvipertredvipert Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Is it happening for this Saturday as well? If so, I definitely want to jump in and try as well. Thank you
  • JMelissaRobyJMelissaRoby Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Yes me too!!!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    Hi Guys,
    I am still in the prep test 40s but I also would like to join BR group. Will you guys count me in? Thank you.
    7965 karma
    Hey y'all—BR group is happening this Saturday (tomorrow); PT63 . Must PM me with Skype handle to be added to the group !
  • 7 karma
    is there a BR group being held on Monday? If so, for what PT?! Thanks!!
    7965 karma
    @pseudonymous what's the plan for Monday?
    521 karma
    PT 72 I'm thinking. I'm taking it on Monday though, so probably reviewing Tuesday.
  • redvipertredvipert Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    What time is it happening today, and how do we join exactly? Thank you.
    edited May 2015 7965 karma
    7pm EST ! PM me with your Skype handle, @redvipert
  • woodyheywoodyhey Alum Member
    24 karma
    to confirm, PT 63?
    7965 karma
    PT63 -- @woodyhey make sure you PM me with your Skype handle!
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I'm down to do PT 64 whenever anyone else is ready haha
    521 karma
    Calendar updated! Let the PT marathons begin! :-)
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Hey @pseudonymous, where's the updated calendar?
    521 karma
    Yup!! PT 72 tonight. All at 7PM eastern.

Tues. PT 72
    Wed. PT 71
    Thurs. PT 68
    Fri. PT 69
    Sat. PT 64

Hope to see you there!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Back... sorry... been busy at India...arranging my finances for G'Town... :D
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    And yes I was busy with finals AND yes I was selling comics on FB and arranging a podcast @emli1000 @"Dillon A. Wright" @VegMeg55 lol sorry... but I promise to be more active as soon as I get back to Syracuse!!!
  • tosin1213tosin1213 Alum Member
    48 karma
    when is the next blind review session, any this month?
    7965 karma
    @tosin1213 Tons!

This week (will start at/around 8pm EST, maybe a bit later depending on whether West Coasters want to join):

Weds: PT51
    Fri: PT69

No Saturday meeting this week.

Other weeks it's Weds/Fri/Sat. We'll likely drop the Friday meeting in August.
    7965 karma
    @tosin1213 Just add me on Skype -- nikkers625
    12637 karma
    Updated this a bit. Happy studying everyone!
This discussion has been closed.