Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you handle a vacation?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
I'm about to head off for my first two-week vacation since starting LSAT prep in January.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for how to cut back while not losing too much momentum? We're not going to have wifi for the final week, and there's lots planned during the trip. I can probably dedicate an hour a day to LSAT early in the morning, before we set off for the day's "fun" (or, marital bickering!).

I was considering taking the Trainer to re-read, and also buying the Cambridge drilling packets to work through a little each day, as well as taking along some logic games.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Honestly. I went on a vacation mid prep too. I would say to bring the trainer for car rides/airplane rides, but to not try and stress about doing too much. If your test isn't until October/December, then there's no reason to stress yourself out and ruin your vacation by trying to study AND enjoy yourself.
    Personally, I would take the break, refresh, do what you can IF there is downtime, and come back ready to kick ass. :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you're taking the June LSAT, then re-reading the Trainer is probably the best, somewhat low-key way to study during downtime. If you're going for the October LSAT and you've already been studying for almost five months, I'd say leave it all behind and take the full vacation to decompress. This may be the last or next to last decent vacation you'll get until well after you're an established lawyer. You'll be able to pick right back up where you left off and you'd be amazed at how much more will sink in when you give your brain a break. Even with a two week vacation you'll still have ~16 weeks or so to study once you get back which is more than enough time given that you've already been going strong since January. Additionally, I think that taking time off completely will allow you to gain valuable insight into what happens to you when you take time off and then you can gauge how to manage smaller amounts of time off over the next several months before the October LSAT. Have fun!
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I certainly agree with @Pacifico. Unless you feel that you are really behind, I'd say taking a break while you're on vacation could actually be beneficial. I also had a vacation planned about 5 months into my prep and decided not to do anything related to the LSAT. When I returned, I actually saw a jump in my score. If you've been hitting the books hard for the past few months, sometimes a break is just whatcha need.
  • Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Phew - thanks guys.

Now I can relax with no guilt!