Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January Flex Advice- Withdraw or Not

ritz2346ritz2346 Core Member
edited January 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 18 karma

I would really appreciate any advice!! I'm retaking the LSAT this weekend after taking it back in July. I got a decent score the first time I took it but it really isn't what I wanted and I was convinced I could do better. I have been dealing with a lot of test anxiety so I don't think I've prepared to the best of my ability for the January Flex (the anxiety kind of makes me not want to study if that makes sense?) but at the same time I'm not sure what more I can even do.

I'm scoring 2-3 points above my July score which still isn't where I want it to be. At this point I don't know if I should just take it this weekend and go with the score I've got or if I should withdraw and take a break from studying/LSAT stuff in general and try again over the summer. I'm not applying during this admissions cycle so I'm not restricted to taking it now. I also really just want to be done and not have to go through studying and stressing about it again but I also am not content with the PT scores I have.

Comments

• dudekcdudekc Core Member
    46 karma

I'm in a similar situation as you. Currently contemplating not taking it. November score was not quite where I wanted. Honestly I'm not sure what to do either. If you aren't applying this cycle, I'd say there's no rush, and to just cancel and take again this coming summer/fall. Good luck.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

If you're not applying to this cycle (Fall 2021 admission) then I would take a break and come back to it. I empathize with struggling with mental health and anxiety throughout this and I understand how difficult it can be :'(
    However, I went through a similar process and came back to it after a year break (I don't think everyone needs this long but my timeline just worked out this way), and I feel much better. Studying is never going to be "easy", but there's definitely a balanced and healthy way to study for this exam and still do really well - so I definitely think it's worth it to take the break and come back to it. Hugs to you!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    edited January 2021 552 karma

Take a Break!

You don't need to take it now and if you don't think you're scoring where you want, then you should push it back :)

Best of luck!