Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTs in the 80s

chanyoungleechanyounglee Member
in General 95 karma

I noticed a significant score drop in the 80s PTs, does anyone have any advice for adjusting to this era? I was scoring in 170s for 50s but am back to mid 160s in the 80s. Would love some tips. Thank you!

Comments

• BenjaminSakaBenjaminSaka Member
    214 karma

Also curious. Just scored 5 points below average on PT 84.

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

Yep! The 80s suck a whole lot.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

This might not help you at this point ... but if you work the PTs in order, you're probably less likely to notice a significant change in the content.

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

For me, the LR in the 80's was a real challenge. I wouldn't say it's technically a lot more difficult, but it takes on some differences in appearances and the verbiage is bulkier/more convoluted. What I found to be most helpful was to print out a few LR sections and go through the questions, taking as much time as I needed, one by one, labelling the main point of each argument, making notes, and writing out why I chose which answer. Once I went over them in great detail, I was able to begin to see the patterns and find the inferences I was missing. It helped quite a bit.

Since I am working toward the Feb Flex, I did this using the additional LR sections for each full PT. I know some people are taking full tests still, but if you're not, that's a great use of the extra material.