Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I tell schools if I scored lower this time..?

Hi everyone, so I’ve been waitlisted to 2 schools and wanted to shoot my shot by taking the February lsat. However, I did not do better than my November score. I think there were various factors - do people have any experience in this/think I should try to explain to schools or even tell them?

Thank you! And I appreciate any advice.

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that you don't really do anything besides taking up the time of an admissions officer with that email. Admissions officers are really busy and you're not adding anything to your application. They take your highest score as it is, so the lower score is irrelevant. Unless they asked you to check in after the test I'd let it be. Still send a LOCI when it's appropriate, but leave the score out of it even then I'd think.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2021 2464 karma

I'm not sure if they're automatically notified or how that works in your given situation. I believe they have access to all the scores you have on file. So really I guess its just if they check/ are notified. If they aren't I wouldn't point it out seeing as you're already waitlisted. If you end up applying to new schools (or the same one next cycle) you can always explore the possibility of writing an addendum to explain the score discrepancy. Maybe @"selene.steelman" can shed some light on the situation.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Speaking as a former admissions officer, new LSAT scores are automatically sent electronically to all your schools by LSAC. If your score is consistent from an earlier result, you don't have to say anything further as it won't likely move the needle. If you are on the waitlist, you would help yourself by letting the school know that (1) the school is a top choice, (2) you are still interested in attending, and (3) you would commit to attend if admitted off the waitlist. https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-to-do-after-you-get-waitlisted/. Good luck!