Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earlier or Later Prep Tests?

sonnet91sonnet91 Member
in General 14 karma
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm new to these boards.

I'm making a study schedule leading up to the October LSAT, and I know it is recommended to start from PT 35 and up. Should I start with the earliest ones and finish off with PT 50+ or start with PT 50+ and go to up to most recent PT's of 70+?

I might also take the December exam, so also keeping that in mind - I'm wondering if it is best to go in chronological order or just skip to the most recent preptests?

Thanks 7Sagers!

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    If you feel like you have the time to properly blind review all of your tests, then I would definitely recommend PT 36 and up, leading all the way to the most recent PT (which will soon be June).

This is the best way to track your progress and add experience into your arsenal.
    However, if you feel like you're running out of time and the test date nears closer and closer, and you have many PT's left, do the most recent ones to give you a feel of how your test will be in October.
  • chjschjs Alum Member
    21 karma
    Hi! i was just asking the same question for monday's exam!
    I would say, if you have time to go through all of them, start with 35 and go all the way, it really helps to build your skills before you get to the later PTs which are different but is still based on the same foundational skills.If your schedule wont permit it, still start with a few from the lower sections and concentrate more on 50+ up because those PT's are a little different from older PTs.
  • sonnet91sonnet91 Member
    14 karma
    Thanks for the replies! Ideally I would want to do all of them from 35 to 71, but I'm on a bit of a time crunch. Unless I did one basically every day, but I want to have enough time to properly review and avoid burn out. So I think I'm going to modify my schedule so I do one every other day so I get through as many as possible, but focus on the latter ones closer to the end of my prep.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @janetson91 said:
    Should I start with the earliest ones and finish off with PT 50+ or start with PT 50+ and go to up to most recent PT's of 70+?
    Great question.

We'll restart the PT cycle in the BR groups in mid-June starting with PT36; we'll work our way up, in order, to PT75 (June '15 test).

BUT. You want to make sure you leave enough time to really dig deep on tests 65+; there has been at least one shift (how subtle the shift has been is up to debate) in tests in that range, and some would argue there was a subtle shift above 70-ish (particularly in LG). This isn't like earth-shattering stuff and nothing for which 7sage/Trainer will leave you unprepared.

I'm PT'ing in the upper 60's over the next few weeks specifically so as to give myself exposure to these later tests so that I can absorb the subtleties in this most recent era of PT's.

I've heard from a number of people taking in June that they wish they had gotten into the mid-late 60's and 70's earlier, so as to have more time to dig deep into those guys. So we'll try to work that into the BR group schedule for the summer leading up to the Oct test.
    1294 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    We'll restart the PT cycle in the BR groups in mid-June starting with PT36; we'll work our way up, in order, to PT75 (June '15 test).
    Hi Nicole, how can I join this? I'm retaking the LSAT in October and would love to parse out questions in a group BR sessoin.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I would recommend taking earlier PTs for the gnarly logic games if you have access to them.
    7965 karma
    @Matt1234567 PM me with your Skype handle and you will be added :D
    1294 karma
    @blah170blah said:
    I would recommend taking earlier PTs for the gnarly logic games if you have access to them
    I agree. A lot of people have been seeing trends of LG patterns from earlier PT's, the unusual ones.
    There's a great book on Amazon, which has all LG from Pt 1-20, all repeated three times for repetition.
    7965 karma
    @blah170blah said:
    I would recommend taking earlier PTs for the gnarly logic games if you have access to them.
    Fo' real tho. Mapping! Patterns! Circles!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 3545 karma