Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PT strategy- simulate flex or no?

tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
in General 1106 karma

I'm looking to take the LSAT-flex in June, but have in the back of my mind that I may need to retake in October. My last few PTs, I have NOT been simulating flex and taking all 4 sections, but not doing a 5th simulated experimental section. My logic is that if I practice longer mental endurance than I need, the flex will be a little bit easier. That being said, with one less LR section on the real exam, I'm wondering if my flex score would be higher or lower than how I'm doing on the full 4 sections.

How are other people going about their PTs these days?

Comments

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

if you need to retake in october which has 4 sections, then you should just keep going taking the full 4 sections imo. I think the flex curve on 7sage is a little bit harsher than some other courses out there, but since you might be taking all 4 sections on the october exam, just practice with 4 so you'll at least be used to it then.

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

I’ve done the same as you, did 5 section for the first 4, switched to 4 section for the last 4, took one as flex style today and it was nice. I think you have the right idea, personally

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited March 2021 686 karma

If you take all 4 sections, you can always use the '7Sage Flex Score Converter' to estimate of how you would have done if it had it been a Flex version of that test: https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/

The opposite is not true, and 7Sage doesn't provide an option to do the second LR section of a test if you've already taken/BR'd/submitted a Flex-version.

I sometimes take the Exam in 'Simulate Flex' mode so that I get the three different sections in a row, but then turn off the option and take the second LR before beginning Blind Review.

Hope that helps!

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

That’s a smart move @"Jordan Johnson" good idea