Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth An Appeal??

in General 117 karma

My situation is as follows: Next week's flex will be my third take, with November 2020 and January 2021 being my prior attempts. Since at least 2019, the LSAT testing year has run June-May, so I assumed the June 2021 test would not count towards the three takes per testing year rule. I've been operating under this assumption since I started studying last July. But, with LSAC's announcement in March that this year's testing cycle will start in August, I'm effectively barred from registering for June and will have to wait until August if I decide a 4th take is necessary. This really throws a wrench in my plans as I want to avoid any overlap between LSAT prep and personal statements, essays etc. I get the sense that this cycle change came at least in part as a result of the number of FLEX exams last year that didn't count towards test takers' limits. If this is the case, I feel I'm being penalized for something I wasn't even able to take advantage of....all tests starting with October 2020 do count towards the limit. Curious to see if anyone thinks I have a legitimate case here...or if LSAC has ever been known to show a hint of compassion lmao. I mean, some people took this thing 7 damn times last year.....

Comments

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

I'm in the same spot as you, I called in March and I was told that since the testing period is from June 1 to May 31 then I could take it again starting in June since its a new testing period. I just tried to register for the June test and it doesn't allow me. I'm planning on calling them because its unfair for them to tell me something over the phone and then not allow me to sign up for it. For reference, the reason for me taking it one last time is that I'm currently on the wait list for a school I really want and I want to increase my score to allow me to be admitted.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, you'll have to send an email to the appeals people. I sent an email and screen shots of the FAQ where is set out to guidelines for retakes with the "from 2019 on.." and showed that there was no indication that the testing year was changed from June 1st to August. it took a while for them to get back to me but they ended up approving my test request, though it does affect the 5 takes within years.

193 karma

@kkole444 did you do this recently? because when I look online they say this: Three times in a single testing year (the next testing cycle begins with the August 2021 test and goes through the June 2022 test).
    Five times within the current and five past testing years (the period in which LSAC reports scores to law schools).

But this was not something that was stated beforehand. They said that the testing cycle goes from June 1 to May 31. And according to a guy from LSAC, he said I could take it again in June.

• 108 karma

well what score did you get?

193 karma

@tryingmybest-1 the score isn't the issue. the problem is the testing limit. I score pretty high 166-171 range but I didn't score this on my lsat, which is why I want to take it once more.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@yazminse I did this about a month or so ago.

• 117 karma

@kkole444 @yazminse good to know. Seems like we've all had similar experiences. I'll be sending an appeal this week.