Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried the mastery seminars from LSAT Hacks?

mellomelmellomel Alum Member
in General 292 karma

I've been studying for about a year and RC has always been my worst section (currently I average around -6). I've been mainly studying by myself but I feel like I could use some extra RC help. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Graeme Blake's (LSAT Hacks) mastery seminars, particularly the one on RC. It's 200$ so I'm a bit hesitant.

Comments

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

have you tried reading for fun and reading unrelated dense material? RC mainly rests on the individual. What worked for me is that I started taking speed reading tests, because I can do the passages with a minus zero untimed but not going to the passages when i need to tends to hurt me so I worked on reading faster so I have time to go back.

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

I have! It's a little pricey but I found it to be helpful personally, because he breaks the content down so thoroughly.

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

@BigJay20 No I haven't, mainly because it's not something I feel like doing in my free time. My reasoning is I could study real RC passages instead of reading other material for 'fun' lol. But of course that's just me..

Though I agree that RC rests on the individual and I've been doing a lot of untimed passages too. Could you explain the speed reading test you mentioned? Are you're trying to cut down on the time you spend on the passage? I'm also curious if you've seen any results.

292 karma

@Clementine-2 Have you been able to apply his methods and see results?

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

I signed up for the basics class and switched to 7Sage. I prefer 7sagw

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I signed up for it and honestly, 7Sage is better. I was desperate to get a higher score and dished out the money but I wish I had not. Just stick with 7Sage and maybe get a tutor. Tutors definitely do help because you get to talk to someone about your thought process.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

Oh yeah for RC, he recommends getting a subscription for the journal economics especially read the science section and also do speed reading. There is a website that you can input your own text or read a default text. You can also change the settings to you liking. It’s supposed to help with reading faster. That’s the $200 advice you are going to get.

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@mellomel said:
    @BigJay20 No I haven't, mainly because it's not something I feel like doing in my free time. My reasoning is I could study real RC passages instead of reading other material for 'fun' lol. But of course that's just me..

Though I agree that RC rests on the individual and I've been doing a lot of untimed passages too. Could you explain the speed reading test you mentioned? Are you're trying to cut down on the time you spend on the passage? I'm also curious if you've seen any results.

It's an app called spreader. I downloaded it, took a speak reading test, found out I read like my grandmother. It allows you to copy and paste articles and tailors it to your reading speed. Only three words appear on a screen as you read so you have no choice but to focus. I now spend no more than 2.5 mins on passages and that's an enormous improvement for me who spent 4mins and would still be lost. Hey, still big on reading for fun lol. Your score will thank you. It helps with the shock of new passages. I use it to practice main point, author's purpose and weakners, and low res summaries in my head

• calmclamcalmclam Member
    99 karma

I took it and personally, I didn't think it was worth the money, so I asked for a refund under their 14day guarantee. I thought their LR was a bit more helpful though! Overall (LR and RC), I was a bit annoyed with how low quality his videos are, especially the way he scribbles the notes and the fact that the videos are recorded live sessions from like 1-2 years ago. Nonetheless, I'd give it a try and ask for a refund if you don't like it!

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

@mellomel said:
    @Clementine-2 Have you been able to apply his methods and see results?

Yes! But it's slow because he has a lot of detailed advice that takes a while to sink in. It's works though! I recommend taking his advice and doing a section untimed a couple times and test it out!

292 karma

@calmclam @Clementine-2 Thank you! I might give it a try then!