Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Much Higher Can I Expect to Score?

ChinaBoyChinaBoy Member
edited April 2021 in General 107 karma

Hey guys,

I recently finished most of the core curriculum (I didn't finish the grouping games nor start the RC because I got burnt out and was ready to start doing some PTs to see where I stand. I started with a 153 diagnostic and just scored a 161 and 164 on my first two PTs. I plan to take roughly 6 PTs a week - and BR those - until I take the Flex in June, as well as piece away at the RC part of the curriculum over the next 2 weeks. I'm curious if you guys think it is possible to hit 170's by June and if my study plan adequately sets me up to reach this goal.

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Just remember quality over quantity.

Given that you're in the low/mid 160s already, you should totally be able to get in the 170s. But doing 6 PTs a week and blind reviewing all of them thoroughly may cause burnout? Just rushing through PTs won't necessarily give you the improvement you want.

You know yourself best, so if you can do 6 PTs a week and blind review thoroughly, keep doing you :smile:

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    edited April 2021 438 karma

6 PTs a week? I want the number of hours you have in a day lol

• 438 karma

The 6 PTs a week is probs unnecessary. You could just do individual sections and then review, and use PTs for endurance training purposes. You also don't need to do every single question ever released to do well. You can focus on the 60s-80s making sure to review well and make the best use out of every question you come across.

• ChinaBoyChinaBoy Member
    107 karma

@BigJay20 said:
    6 PTs a week? I want the number of hours you have in a day lol

I am an English teacher in China so I only work 2.5 days a week and can afford the cost of living no problem. I wanted to attend law school after graduating college 1.5 years ago, but couldn't find time to study for the LSAT with my corporate job. I thought up a solution of moving to a country with a lower living expense so I could work less in order to have time to study for the LSAT. I guess what i'm trying to say is if you were willing to take an unorthodox approach you could probably make that wish come true! Lol

• 424 karma

If you’re not at -2 or better in LG, I’d suggest focusing a hefty chunk of time foolprooing your logic games - there’s a “get perfect at LG” video somewhere on this site, just google it - as that’ll give you a Big Bang for your buck, and the process is pretty well-proven. The -2 —> -0 jump was a tough one for me, but daily consistent review should get ya to -2ish at least by the June test.

107 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" said:
    If you’re not at -2 or better in LG, I’d suggest focusing a hefty chunk of time foolprooing your logic games - there’s a “get perfect at LG” video somewhere on this site, just google it - as that’ll give you a Big Bang for your buck, and the process is pretty well-proven. The -2 —> -0 jump was a tough one for me, but daily consistent review should get ya to -2ish at least by the June test.

Thanks a lot! Also, do you alternate between PTs and just doing timed problem sets?

• 424 karma

@ChinaBoy 没关系!And I would! ... Eh, honestly, it’s sorta a judgement call, YMMV, but I’d maybe focus hardcore on drilling for a few weeks before doing too many PTs. I think the above posters have it more or less correct that 1-2 PT a week is more than enough - the review is the key. But 100% hardcore intense daily LG drills for sure. I’d do a complete LG section, starting with PT1 and just working your way up, tbh. Maybe skip every other one (PT 1, then 3, then 5) or even do every 3rd one so you can get the whole range of tests from PT1 to PT89. Make sure you review and “foolproof” em properly - You aren’t ready to “move on” until you have the game down pat, and save the ones that were the most difficult for you to retake in 2ish weeks.

• spence315spence315 Member
    5 karma

The very first LSAT I ever took I got a 139. On my most recent practice test I took I got a 164. You can get your score as high as you want. Don't do 6 test a week you will burn yourself out. Stick with 2-3.

• legallybreelegallybree Core Member
    32 karma

How long did it take you to finish the curriculum?

107 karma

@bryahrichson said:
    How long did it take you to finish the curriculum?

I haven't finished, so i'm not the right person to ask. I did LR but didn't do the last section or two, I did LG but haven't finished grouping, and I haven't done RC.

I just got burnt on the regular curriculum so decided to take a break and see where I was at by doing like 10 PT's to get some motivation back - which helped!