Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many pencils does it take to perfect LG?

canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
edited April 2021 in General 8313 karma

For me it takes 10 (and 1/8th?) Dixon Ticonderogas in black (bc the erasers are better and black is cool). Just cleaning some stuff out and remembered I'd been saving these in my "used" pencil shot glass... just the ones I used on games. Different way to visualize that while we can tweak methods for individual efficiency, and it may seem hopeless sometimes, you ultimately just need to put in the work and have faith in the process. Eventually, maybe like 10 pencils in (or likely less for anyone besides me), you'll get there.

https://i.postimg.cc/135FkHCP/IMG-3646-2.jpg

Comments

• Jeremy PimentaJeremy Pimenta Core Member
    35 karma

Nice thread.

Im 10% into the course, (LR only)
    3 pencils down
    1 slightly used rubber
    1 pen.

Oh, and 2 coloured pencils are getting smashed regularly.

I like the shot glass idea. I have a shitty baggy. Going to switch.

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Oh my gosh, an image I absolutely commiserate with. An old Lavazza coffee canister is the treasure box of all my little stubs.

I almost don't even care we can use pens now... I've grown fond of these little guys & the hassle of mechanically sharpening them down to 2.5 inches before I even think about moving on to a fresh pencil LOL.

Did you ever break pencil points multiple times while sharpening b/c your brain was focused on/frustrated by an LSAT problem?? ( ._.)

• 1050 karma

I'm on my 7th pencil, almost there!! :tongue:

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    edited April 2021 1687 karma

I use a mechanical pencil almost 1 container of lead for me to foolproof logic games and 2 replaceable erasers!
    @canihazJD is that a whisky glass I see? 10 and 1/8th pencils, but how many glasses of whisky... ahahah and did the whisky increase the number of pencils needed or decrease the number of pencils needed?
    Asking for a friend...

• This is inspiring! I just started my LG journey and although I usually use a pen, I'm going to use pencils like this! It seems like a fun way to visualize all of the time and effort you've put into studying :) thanks for the idea!

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

Nice! I just used the regular yellow Ticonderogas but did not save mine :(

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@kkole444 said:
    I use a mechanical pencil almost 1 container of lead for me to foolproof logic games and 2 replaceable erasers!
    @canihazJD is that a whisky glass I see? 10 and 1/8th pencils, but how many glasses of whisky... ahahah and did the whisky increase the number of pencils needed or decrease the number of pencils needed?
    Asking for a friend...

Hah! Whisky you say? I may have heard of it. Hypothetically, you could test your proficiency by running some games after a glass or two of Macallan... hypothetically.

As for the # of pencils, I guess the world will never know.

edited April 2021 1687 karma

@canihazJD ahh Macallan...mmm. Hypothetically my friend(s) and I would race through setting up game boards and or who could finish the game correctly the fastest, again hypothetically, the loser would have to take a shot/take a drink.
    Hypothetically this game could of had a few other rules like, hypothetically speaking, if one person made an inference upfront and the other(s) did not then take a shot/drink. Or possibly, if someone brute forced a question when there was an obvious correct answer choice and they did not skim the answers first, hypothetically, they'd have to take a shot/drink.
    Or in a different style hypothetical 'game' we'd all get 2 minutes to read the stem and rules and see who could set up the game board(s) with rules diagramed and inferences made; loser, you guessed it, hypothetically took a shot/drank.
    --edit--
    not recommend for learning LSAT material more so to see where you are at under adverse conditions.

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

I went through so many pencils and paper that I broke down and got an ipad with an apple pencil. Best investment I made last year by far.

• edited April 2021 1952 karma

haha nice post.
    someone should post "how many stacks of papers does it take to perfect lg?" next time.

1687 karma

@"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" I have gone through 2 reams of paper total but IDK how many to perfect LG though.

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

6+ pens and many, many trees

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" said:
    haha nice post.
    someone should post "how many stacks of papers does it take to perfect lg?" next time.

I had to eventually throw away my notes... it was getting ridiculous, and that was just my paper notes, and just the ones I thought I should save. How many trees do we kill prepping for this thing?

• jesskess04jesskess04 Core Member
    edited April 2021 53 karma

LSAT Reddit would eat this up