Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have to pay the first seat deposit?

Or can I pay the full deposit at the second deposit deadline? Also, if I pay only the first deposit - will that be guaranteed to hold my spot until at least the second deposit deadline? Thanks.

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I would be sure to ask that question to the school directly to be sure you have the correct information from the source. Congrats!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. Paying a seat deposit is a sign of your intent to enroll, and schools use them to determine the size and makeup of the incoming class. Depending on the school, an admitted candidate must pay two deposits, one deposit, or give a written commitment to attend. If a school has 2 deposit deadlines, unless the admissions office has affirmatively waived the first deposit, you must pay the first deposit to hold your seat. If you pay the first deposit, the seat in the incoming class is held for you until you pay your second deposit. Good luck!

• 424 karma

Random question for @"selene.steelman" - is there a “best” admissions consulting company? It seems like there are so many out there ... I’d love your thoughts on the best! Or anything we should avoid?

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

If you are looking for a consultant, you should talk to the companies, see what they offer, and see if they are going to support you in the way you need.