Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone studying something different than 7sage?

I started my journey a few months ago. started with he LSAT trainer and couldn't read anymore and then switch to 7sage. I feel I need something different, that does not involved reading. I already have enough reading with my regular school coursework. any tips, sites that are not that expensive? I looked into Princetown, they are asking for $1,500.00 for live classes, which seems a bit expensive for me, and would give it a try if I don't score well on my June exam, for which am still scoring well below average. :( any other ideas would be helpful, thanks

Comments

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    503 karma

Try to look for a tutor on 7sage and join a study group.

• 24 karma

Find whatever works for you. I've switched from LSAT trainer, to 7sage to LSAT demon, study groups. Tried it all b/c I wanted to see what I liked the best. So give it a shot, sample many different things and see what learning style fits you best.

• gabecamacho3gabecamacho3 Member
    37 karma

Although my recommendation is more reading, I firmly believe you should pick up a copy of Ellen Cassidy's Loophole. I feel that what makes 7Sage such a stellar resource is its emphasis on FoolProofing Logic Games and the nearly infinite content for how to approach each individual game. However, if you are looking to become more comfortable with the Logical Reasoning section I cannot express enough how important it is to work through Loophole. After reading it and doing the exercises, I gained a much deeper and more intuitive understanding of the section and I promise it is truthfully an entertaining and informative read! Plus its not nearly as expensive as other in-person class resources. I say give it a try, learn some new approaches, and if after you still feel you need more active learning experiences, then perhaps look into a tutor or in-person classes!

• 1952 karma

i can't speak to the quality of instruction from princeton, but $1,500.00 for live classes seems a lot to me.
    lsatdemon and lsatlab also offer live classes for a much cheaper price, so you should also check them out.
    if you have a lsac fee waiver, you can also get fee waivers from many of the test prep companies, including the ones i listed above, as well as from 7sage.
    here's the comprehensive list of test prep companies that offer fee waivers: https://www.lsac.org/lsat/prep/official-lsat-content-licensees

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    252 karma

I laugh, but Planet Law School 2! The hypos helped me to better see the forest and not just a tree. I took a break to read it (and start fall prep in general) while I was moving and wowsa, I've seen such a LR improvement since I've started working full sections this week (timed). I keep reminding myself of the turtle and the hare: to slow down to improve.

Although, after reading some of the score comments on the April test, I'm worried about the June test and any possible 'over confidence' that I might unintentionally have. I know we're all on a forced curve for each test and I'm trying to stay calm and work intentionally.

Good luck everyone!

• @gabecamacho3 said:
    Although my recommendation is more reading, I firmly believe you should pick up a copy of Ellen Cassidy's Loophole. I feel that what makes 7Sage such a stellar resource is its emphasis on FoolProofing Logic Games and the nearly infinite content for how to approach each individual game. However, if you are looking to become more comfortable with the Logical Reasoning section I cannot express enough how important it is to work through Loophole. After reading it and doing the exercises, I gained a much deeper and more intuitive understanding of the section and I promise it is truthfully an entertaining and informative read! Plus its not nearly as expensive as other in-person class resources. I say give it a try, learn some new approaches, and if after you still feel you need more active learning experiences, then perhaps look into a tutor or in-person classes!

Thank you for your honest opinion. I heard of the book, other students have recommended it here on 7sage but was hesitant to buy it, again because I want to get away from reading. But will give it try. thanks

• @love2learn said:
    I laugh, but Planet Law School 2! The hypos helped me to better see the forest and not just a tree. I took a break to read it (and start fall prep in general) while I was moving and wowsa, I've seen such a LR improvement since I've started working full sections this week (timed). I keep reminding myself of the turtle and the hare: to slow down to improve.

Although, after reading some of the score comments on the April test, I'm worried about the June test and any possible 'over confidence' that I might unintentionally have. I know we're all on a forced curve for each test and I'm trying to stay calm and work intentionally.

Good luck everyone!

is this the book you are talking about?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1888960507/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_MFD9H3B929R55XKME4DX

• @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" said:
    i can't speak to the quality of instruction from princeton, but $1,500.00 for live classes seems a lot to me.
    lsatdemon and lsatlab also offer live classes for a much cheaper price, so you should also check them out.
    if you have a lsac fee waiver, you can also get fee waivers from many of the test prep companies, including the ones i listed above, as well as from 7sage.
    here's the comprehensive list of test prep companies that offer fee waivers: https://www.lsac.org/lsat/prep/official-lsat-content-licensees

Yes. I have a fee waiver! I used here in 7sage. I was given 4 months, which went to a waste because I lagged and dint study how I was suppose to. I got an extension for 2 more months which was very nice of 7sage. will look into those as well. Thanks

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    252 karma

Yes!